3.69/519 WAMC/School List Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mishyfishy333

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm applying in the 2019-2020 cycle and decided to start making my school list early. Was using the MSAR and I realized my ranges might not be right? (I used GPA 3.5-3.8 and MCAT 510-519) I tried plugging my stats into third-party sites and they all gave me "target" schools that had GPAs that were higher than those on my current list, so now I'm super confused. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  1. cGPA 3.686, sGPA 3.694, slight upward trend
  2. 519 (130/129/130/130)
  3. CA Resident
  4. Asian American female
  5. graduated from a public university in 2016
  6. 1.5+ years / 2000+ hours ER scribe (does this also double as physician shadowing?)
  7. 400+ hours clinical volunteer, with another 100+ leadership in the same program
  8. 1 year working full time as an R&D assistant +1 year working part-time as a production intern in a biotech company
  9. Upper division bio course TA for ~40-50 hours
  10. Provost Honors 2014-2016
Schools:
High Reach: UCI, UCSD, Brown, UMass, University of Miami
Reach: Drexel, SUNY Downstate, Rochester
Target: Dartmouth, Rutgers, SUNY Upstate, Tufts, U Illinois, GWU, USF Morsani, Wake Forest, Albany, Rush
Safety: Eastern Virginia, Western Michigan, Tulane, NYMC

I already shaved down the list a bunch just based off of whether the school is research-based (since I'm already lacking in that) and whether the school is biased against OOS, but could use help narrowing it down more / changing the stats range with which I'm using to research the schools in the MSAR. Also would like input on whether I should apply to any DOs or not. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

SUNY Upstate, UMass and Rutgers accept very few non residents with no connection to the state. You could add these schools:
UC Davis
UCLA
USC
California University
Kaiser
Boston University
Hofstra
Einstein
Temple
Jefferson
St. Louis

SUNY Upstate, UMass and Rutgers accept very few non residents with no connection to the state. You could add these schools:
UC Davis
UCLA
USC
California University
Kaiser
Boston University
Hofstra
Einstein
Temple
Jefferson
St. Louis

I have almost no research experience, so I took schools like Keck and Temple off my list since the MSAR lists them as having a "research/thesis requirement". Should I still be applying to these schools regardless?