MD 3.7 sGPA 3.7 cGPA 511 MCAT School List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wisco92

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
About: Nontrad w/ postbacc. Have worked 20 hrs per week as a clinical assistant last year and a half in a clinic so plenty of clinical experience.

1 Wisconsin
2 Medical College of Wisconsin
3 Georgetown
4 UVA
5 VCU
6 Tufts
7 USC
8 Stanford
9 UCSD
10 UCLA
11 Rosalind Franklin
12 Rush
13 Loyola
14 Albert Einstein
15 Mount Sinai
16 Wake Forest
17 USF
18 U of Miami
19 Dartmouth
20 UVM
21 Drexel
22 Jefferson
23 Tulane
24 Colorado
25 Oregon
26 Brown
27 Vanderbilt
28 U of Michigan
29 Cornell

Any input on my list would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
These schools are unlikely with your MCAT score. Even CA residents would have a difficult time receiving an acceptance to a CA school with a MCAT of 511.
4UVA
7 USC
8 Stanford
9 UCSD
10 UCLA
25 Oregon
26 Brown
27 Vanderbilt
28 U of Michigan
29 Cornell
You have at least 12 schools on your list where you have a reasonable chance for an interview. If you are applying this year you need to submit your application this week and all your secondaries by late September.

These schools are unlikely with your MCAT score. Even CA residents would have a difficult time receiving an acceptance to a CA school with a MCAT of 511.
4UVA
7 USC
8 Stanford
9 UCSD
10 UCLA
25 Oregon
26 Brown
27 Vanderbilt
28 U of Michigan
29 Cornell
You have at least 12 schools on your list where you have a reasonable chance for an interview. If you are applying this year you need to submit your application this week and all your secondaries by late September.

Thank you Faha and @gyngyn - I really appreciate all the help!! I submitted my secondaries for these schools late July/early August (except for vandy and UCLA which I haven't gotten yet) but was concerned that I should have added some more lower tiers. There's no real advising with my program and in making my list I was just using MSAR and winging it.

I suggest the following, but with no real ECs, you're probably going to be shut out this cycle.

U VM

Miami

St. Louis

Albany

Rochester

Rush (note: very service/experience oriented with a 150hr service requirement. Avg student has 800 hours of community service, and >1800 hours of health care exposure.)

Rosy Franklin

BU

MCW

Hofstra

NYMC

VCU

EVMS

Wake Forest

Jefferson

Temple

Drexel

Creighton

George Washington

Tulane

Loyola

Oakland-B

U WI

Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)

Any DO program, starting with CCOM, MUCOM and DMU

I suggest the following, but with no real ECs, you're probably going to be shut out this cycle.

U VM

Miami

St. Louis

Albany

Rochester

Rush (note: very service/experience oriented with a 150hr service requirement. Avg student has 800 hours of community service, and >1800 hours of health care exposure.)

Rosy Franklin

BU

MCW

Hofstra

NYMC

VCU

EVMS

Wake Forest

Jefferson

Temple

Drexel

Creighton

George Washington

Tulane

Loyola

Oakland-B

U WI

Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)

Any DO program, starting with CCOM, MUCOM and DMU

Hey Goro, thanks for the input. I should add that while we have minimal research and clinical volunteering I do have ECs:

-3 full day shadows with doctors in different specialties
-1500+ hrs working in a clinical setting w direct patient & doctor contact w/ 3 LORs
-2000+ hrs math tutoring (paid and volunteer)
-scribe once a month at a free clinic (~30 hrs)
-long distance racing for charity
-tons of music performance hours & leadership in musical groups (academic and nonacademic)

Would you still consider this insufficient ECs? Thanks!

Lack of research will hurt with research powerhouses like Duke, etc, but your other ECS look fine.

Hey Goro, thanks for the input. I should add that while we have minimal research and clinical volunteering I do have ECs:

-3 full day shadows with doctors in different specialties
-1500+ hrs working in a clinical setting w direct patient & doctor contact w/ 3 LORs
-2000+ hrs math tutoring (paid and volunteer)
-scribe once a month at a free clinic (~30 hrs)
-long distance racing for charity
-tons of music performance hours & leadership in musical groups (academic and nonacademic)

Would you still consider this insufficient ECs? Thanks!