3.8, 525: Chem major finalizing school list

Started by PurpleCow2016
Tags Tags
3.8 ny resident school list
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

N = 1 here, just speaking from experience from the past cycle that I just went through.

I think you could actually cut out some of the private, lower tier schools (which might not interview you given your high stats) and instead just make sure that you apply to most/all of your in-state public schools as "safeties."

In my experience (and my MCAT score was a good chunk lower than yours, with a similar GPA and ECs), I didn't get a single interview from private, lower tier schools and so the apps were just a waste of money. I'd venture to guess that you'll receive most of your interview invites from the top tier schools.
 
Thanks for the input!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You're a rock star; aim high



Columbia
Cornell
NYU
Harvard
Yale
Perelman
Stanford
UCSF
Pritzker
Hopkins
Northwestern
Sinai
BU
Einstein
Hofstra
SUNY Downstate- state
Stonybrook- state
Jefferson

UCLA
USC
Pittsburgh

Vanderbilt
Duke
Suggest adding Emory; all SUNYs; Vandy; U VA; U MI, U VM, U Miami; WashU, maybe Rochester
 
Thanks, @Goro ! Any particular reasons why you removed Tufts and VCU from my list, but kept Jefferson?