3.81 GPA, 507 MCAT, TX

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grapesofwrath

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
21 yr old white male, TX resident

MCAT: 507 (126/124/128/129)

cGPA: 3.81 (TMDSAS) 3.79 (AMCAS)
sGPA: 3.77 (TMDSAS) 3.74 (AMCAS)

Clinical exp: 1200 hours as a scribe and scribe trainer; various surgery observations; just started volunteering at a local hospital

Non clinical service: ongoing volunteer at a feline sanctuary (30 hrs), volunteer for special love outreach that hosts an annual Christmas social event for adults with special needs since 2012 (20 hrs total), occasional volunteer through church serving breakfast to the less fortunate since 2012 (20 hrs)

Other EC: SI leader for ochem I and II (250 hrs), level 1 IMTPC mentor, spent last summer as an intern at JHSOM, intramural hockey, etc

Research: just started my first research project last week

School list
  • UTSW
  • UT McGovern
  • A&M
  • UT Galveston
  • All other TX schools
  • Albany
  • Rosalind Franklin
  • FSU
  • Loma Linda
  • NYMC
  • Univ of Arizona COM
CARS is mediocre to say the least and is at the 10th percentile for most of the schools or below according to MSAR. I was targeting UTSW and UT Houston but don't think either are a possibility w/ my mcat. I really want to retake but have mostly been advised not to.

Mainly seeking help for my current school list. I plan on applying early June through TMDSAS and AMCAS.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

FSU and Arizona accept very few non residents with your MCAT. Your best chances will be at some of the Texas schools and your high GPA should help you obtain several interviews.

Reactions: 1 user
FSU and Arizona accept very few non residents with your MCAT. Your best chances will be at some of the Texas schools and your high GPA should help you obtain several interviews.
thanks