3.85 GPA 509 mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Typatt50

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Stats: 509 mcat: 130/124/129/126
3.95 science GPA
500+ hours molecular bio research through Howard Hughes medical institute
500+ hours clinical research through mayo clinic
300+ hours analytical Chem research
College football player
150ish hours of non clinical volunteering
400 shadowing hours
Officer of 2 honor societies and Greek life involvement
1 publication in works
FL resident
I just had a quick Question I applied to 17 md programs (all state schools and various private) all that had matriculant stats about my average (except 1) and haven't heard anything back in almost 1.5 months from any where. Is there anything glaring in my resume from what you can tell that would be keeping me from interviews? Or is it way too early to begin worrying that I have no IIs yet?
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

It is still early in the application season and interviews go on until March. I expect you will receive some interviews from your Florida schools with your stats.

It's still early. I finished a lot of my secondaries about a month ago and haven't heard back from any MD schools yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Stats: 509 mcat: 130/124/129/126
3.95 science GPA
500+ hours molecular bio research through Howard Hughes medical institute
500+ hours clinical research through mayo clinic
300+ hours analytical Chem research
College football player
150ish hours of non clinical volunteering
400 shadowing hours
Officer of 2 honor societies and Greek life involvement
1 publication in works
FL resident
I just had a quick Question I applied to 17 md programs (all state schools and various private) all that had matriculant stats about my average (except 1) and haven't heard anything back in almost 1.5 months from any where. Is there anything glaring in my resume from what you can tell that would be keeping me from interviews? Or is it way too early to begin worrying that I have no IIs yet?
Thanks!

I think you are very solid, you just need to wait. Remember the Turkey rule - if you don't have any interview invite after Thanksgiving, then that is when you should worry.

Reactions: 1 user
Patience is a virtue, the need for instant gratification is not.

Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user