3.95 35 MCAT any chance of scholarship?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thk2c

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
3.95 35 MCAT publications, research at Vanderbilt, leadership, extra curriculars, shaddowing. Any chance of a scholarship to a state school (TN)?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Scholarships are really hard to come by. You can just apply/get accepted broadly and see what your options are at the time. MD/PhD can also be fully paid for depending on the school if you want to go that route.

Members don't see this ad :)
As I understand it, Need based scholarships are more abundant than merit scholarships. Both are rare though.

I've heard rumor that URM status helps, but that may be just hearsay.

Your stats are good, but merit based scholarship recipients usually have similar stats with some amazing ec's and life-stories. Having said that, if you're a TN state resident, you might have a chance because of lower # of applicants. Agree with MD/PhD if you're really that concerned, money shouldn't make your decision for med school though, you'll be able to pay off the money.

i was offered to interview for an 80K scholarship (over 4 years) at ut with a 3.8ish, 36, so you may have a shot. you'll have to wait until march or so to find out. i heard nothing from etsu, but i don't really think they have enough money for scholarships. good luck, and focus on getting the acceptance first!