3.95 cGPA, 3.94sGPA and 33 MCAT - Help with School List!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TxC

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
seems like a safe, modest list.

Members don't see this ad :)
Add Cincinnati and Dartmouth ?

Your numbers are basically identical to mine (different MCAT breakdown, but same composite), and we have similarish ECs. My list is quite a bit different than yours, however -- we have 6 schools in common. You've done a year of research. Is that something you are interested in doing more of in med school and practice? If so, I would recommend adding a few more research-intensive schools to your list; most of yours don't seem like academic powerhouses.

Your list looks very safe though (much safer than mine...). Good luck!!

Your numbers are basically identical to mine (different MCAT breakdown, but same composite), and we have similarish ECs. My list is quite a bit different than yours, however -- we have 6 schools in common. You've done a year of research. Is that something you are interested in doing more of in med school and practice? If so, I would recommend adding a few more research-intensive schools to your list; most of yours don't seem like academic powerhouses.

Your list looks very safe though (much safer than mine...). Good luck!!

I see. Thank you so much and good luck you to as well!

It's just that since the research I'm doing isn't exactly scientific research, I am a bit hesitant about applying to research-intensive schools because I have no ideas what their adcoms would think. Is this a legitimate concern or should I still add some research-intensive schools and just see what happens?

I see. Thank you so much and good luck you to as well!

It's just that since the research I'm doing isn't exactly scientific research, I am a bit hesitant about applying to research-intensive schools because I have no ideas what their adcoms would think. Is this a legitimate concern or should I still add some research-intensive schools and just see what happens?

I've done two years + several posters/presentations in cognitive neuroscience research, so we're in a similar boat there! I think it'll be ok. Even though my research isn't biomedical in nature, it's certainly scientific and hypothesis-driven, with data analysis and numbers backing our conclusions. If you really mean that your research doesn't follow the scientific method, then maybe it wouldn't count so much in your favour for research-intensive schools. But if you were indeed collecting data to answer questions based off a hypothesis, regardless of what the topic, I think that'll count just fine. At least, that's what I'm hoping for!