3.98/524/VA/ORM. School List Help/WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aims622

Reaction score
Hi guys! I wanted to share my stats and list to see if anyone had advice on what high-tiers to drop and what low/mid tiers to add (the list is very long and ambitious so would appreciate any input!)

MCAT: 524 (132, 130, 130, 132)
cGPA: 3.98
sGPA: 3.99
ORM; VA resident

Research: around 1500 in 3 different labs by the time I ~hopefully~ start medical school; have 2 poster presentations and an acknowledgment in a publication (which I'm assuming doesn't count)

Clinical Volunteering: 450 at a hospital and 50 in a hospice
Non-Clinical Volunteering: 50 hours just at local organizations

Shadowing: in the U.S (80 hours between 4 specialities); outside U.S through study abroad (150 hours)

Clinical Job: Nurse's Assitant/Unit Secretary (800 hours - including until next July)

Non-Clinical Job: Tour guide/admissions person on campus (650 hours)

Leadership: TA for 3 different courses for multiple semesters and summers; VP and other executive board positions for 2 clubs

School List (very ambitious and very long unfortunately):
Columbia
Harvard
UCSF
Yale
UPenn
WashU
JHU
NYU (both)
Mt. Sinai
UCLA
Cornell
Feinberg
Mayo (both)
UChicago
Case
Pitt
Kaiser
Brown
OSU
Keck
Boston
UVA
Einstein
Rochester
VCU
Eastern Virginia
VTech
Cincinnati
Wake Forest
Georgetown
GW
Tufts
Sidney Kimmel
Drexel

Members don't see this ad.

Remove Wake Forest, Drexel, GW since they will probably "yield protect" with your stats. You could add these schools:
Dartmouth
Cincinnati
U Michigan
Vanderbilt

Reactions: 1 user
Remove Wake Forest, Drexel, GW since they will probably "yield protect" with your stats. You could add these schools:
Dartmouth
Cincinnati
U Michigan
Vanderbilt
Thank you! Would you say that the list is too top-heavy?