30M MCAT, 3.74 GPA What do you think

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mountainia

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
30M MCAT (10 in all sections), 3.74 GPA and good-ish ECs. Secondaries are going in between Aug 1st and Late August.I'm applying broadly.

What do you think?

(interested in allopathic only)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Very nice round MCAT score. Applying broadly will help. Good cumulative GPA, what is your science GPA if its around that you should be good. Timing is not too late.

No one here is going to be able to help you solely based on your metrics. I know someone with a 3.9/38 who didn't get in anywhere last cycle. We need more info to give you a better assessment of your chances:

ECs (leadership positions, volunteering, etc.)
LORs
Shadowing
Clinical Experience (direct patient care/interaction)
State of Residency
Ethnicity

Members don't see this ad :)
No one here is going to be able to help you solely based on your metrics. I know someone with a 3.9/38 who didn't get in anywhere last cycle. We need more info to give you a better assessment of your chances:

ECs (leadership positions, volunteering, etc.)
LORs
Shadowing
Clinical Experience (direct patient care/interaction)
State of Residency
Ethnicity

Dang, only like 9% of people with those stats don't get in. Did they apply top heavy/late?

OP, you have >70% of getting accepted somewhere based on your stats. What are your EC's like?

UrshumMurshum, what do you mean by OP? Osteopathic?

I'm only interested in allopathic schools : /