3rd and Final DAT scores, plus what are my chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

howaminow

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I applied last year and somehow got one interview, which I think was luck, will not say which school though out of respect for them.

My stats when I applied last year
GPA:3.22
BCP GPA: 3.17
SGPA:3:16

DAT: (scores might be a point off somewhere since I don't remember the scores well since i did well to repress that pain the 1st two times)

1st Time last year: 2nd Time This end of July Halloween DAY
PAT: 16 So I applied last year and somehow got one interview, which I think was luck, will not say which school though out of respect for them.

My stats when I applied last year
GPA:3.22
BCP GPA: 3.17
SGPA:3:16

DAT: (scores might be a point off somewhere since I don't remember the scores well since i did well to repress that pain the 1st two times)

1st Time last year: 2nd Time This end of July Halloween DAY
PAT: 16 PAT: 14 PAT: 20
QR: 17 QR:17 QR: 19
RC: 21 RC: 18 RC: 22
BIO: 15 BIO:18 BIO: 20
GC: 21 GC: 18 GC: 19
OC: 16 OC: 17 OC: 22
TS: 17 TS: 18 TS: 20
AA: 18 AA: 18 AA: 20

I busted my tail off this last DAT, didn't take any classes, cleared taking 2 months off with my boss since it is a small business and I just do the book keeping, and made sure not as much distracted me. Also, I took a lot more practice tests this time. I honestly thought I failed since my Bio was extremely difficult and somehow I got an 88% percentile with that 20, don't know if that says how hard it was.

GPA NOW: cGPA: 3.4 sGPA: 3.36 BCP GPA: 3.37. Also will be taking a couple of classes like nutrition, plus a psychology class since I think it is fun, plus a microbio class with a lab since at my old school microbio majors always had first priority to get into the lab, which made it almost impossibly to take that lab, so have to take it at the CC. Also I have lots of volunteer work, community service, 300+ hours volunteering plus shadowing at a dental office and club teams. GPA in the last two years is about a 3.7

So how do I look chance wise now?

My application has been in since July, and honestly I'm just hoping for late interviews, but if not fine waiting for one more year, since it is better to get in a year late then never get in at all.

Members don't see this ad.

Great job improving your stats!

I think that you will get some interviews post-dec. What schools did you apply to?

I applied to:

Michigan
UDM
UNLV
Boston
Tufts
MOSDOH
ASDOH --> Rejected, guess I didn't do enough volunteering since last application
USC
LECOM
UNLV
Temple
Both Midwestern
NYU
Louisville

Yeah I'm just glad I got my DAT up to average of acceptance

Members don't see this ad :)
I also have a 20 AA and I got interviews to 3 places on your list (LECOM, Midwestern, and NYU) as well as others so I'm hoping you will too :)

Do you mind if I ask what your GPA was?

Also, to my ASDOH rejection comment, since I remember reading awhile ago a thread about them that got really nasty when discussing volunteering hours.

I am in no way or shape putting them down, I just know I didn't volunteer as much as I could have this past year since I was trying to get my grades up, then recently focus on studying, plus working, also spending time with my GF. Maybe, my essays were bad or that my DAT scores weren't good enough, but I also know they like people who volunteer and I didn't volunteer as much this year, so can't really blame them since it seems like I might have just done it for the application plus they want people who volunteer because they enjoy doing it.

Do you mind if I ask what your GPA was?

Also, to my ASDOH rejection comment, since I remember reading awhile ago a thread about them that got really nasty when discussing volunteering hours.

I am in no way or shape putting them down, I just know I didn't volunteer as much as I could have this past year since I was trying to get my grades up, then recently focus on studying, plus working, also spending time with my GF. Maybe, my essays were bad or that my DAT scores weren't good enough, but I also know they like people who volunteer and I didn't volunteer as much this year, so can't really blame them since it seems like I might have just done it for the application plus they want people who volunteer because they enjoy doing it.

Hmm well if it helps I applied to ASDOH and haven't heard anything yet and I had 400 hours. I think that's still below their average though haha. My GPA is a 3.66/3.6

Honestly, it's no big deal. You're not going to get accepted everywhere and they have certain things they are looking for, I have no reason to be upset because things are not always going to go your way. I still think they're a great school, just disappointed since that was my number 1 choice.

Yeah I just hope my 3.4 can get my interviews and the schools see how much effort I put in my last 2 years. I was really undisciplined my first 3 years (took 5 years to graduate, went to a CSU not a UC), but picked it up greatly my last 2 years while taking a large amount of science classes (Roughly 48 units worth in 5 total semesters since I took a summer semester too).

Also, does anyone know if it looks bad that it took me until the 3rd try to do this well?