3rd Withdrawal Grade From Organic Chemistry 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xstardust95x

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll have to retake it a fourth time. I'm feeling hopeless right now. Any MD success stories of people who withdrew from the same science class multiple times? I'm really hating my life right now.

Members don't see this ad.

I didn’t withdraw from it, but I got an F in physics 1 twice due to having to drop out of school mid quarter. I got an A the third time I retook it, and the failing grades were a non-issue during my interviews.

EDIT: I’d also like to add that before taking the class a 4th time, be sure that you can rock it. Try to pinpoint what is prohibiting you from succeeding in the class and do your best to make school your main priority. You can do it!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Do you have a reasonable explanation for your previous withdrawals? How are your other grades?
Don’t feel too hopeless, try to continue looking for where you went wrong to succeed in the future! Chin up. I am not sure about your medical school chances, hopefully someone wiser will comment, but this is not the end of the world.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had to withdraw from OCHEM as well. My advice to you would be to take a break and pause. Don’t sign up for it again until you can figure out why you haven’t succeeded in the past. You don’t want to keep withdrawing. Only take it again once you know you can do it completely. Also, get a tutor.

Reactions: 1 users
If you can’t pass Ochem 2, it may be because you don’t understand the principles of Ochem 1. You may need to repeat that class as well.
Only you can figure out why you are doing poorly. Don’t sign up again until you work that out.
I think the only reason I passed Ochem is because they gave us full credit for work arounds. If there was a one step a->b reaction and I forgot it but could do 5 other steps to get there it was good enough. In spite of this, I’ve somehow managed to be a successful physician.

Talk to learning resource people at your undergrad. You might might discover if you have any correctable learning issues, test taking anxiety, ADHD, dyslexia, auditory vs visual learner, etc. You must discover why you are not being successful. Good luck and best wishes!