4 C's so far in undegrad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

afed

Reaction score
Hello,

I am currently a senior in college. My goal is to go to optometry school, but I am worried 4 C's will hold me back. So far I have gotten a C+ in an ecology and evolution class, and C's in ochem 1&2 and in biochem. I took biochem this semester, when everything transitioned to being online. I didn't have another choice, I did try hard to pass this class too and found the topics learned in this class enjoyable too, but I still got a C. Chem is obviously not my strong suit. But in my other bio classes and labs I have gotten A's and B's in them. I am just worried that these 4 C's will not be able to be overlooked when applying to optometry schools.

Has anyone else gotten 4 C's in prereqs for optometry school and gotten accepted?

Thank you.,

Members don't see this ad.

I have gotten C's in ochem and physics and was accepted into almost all schools I applied to! Just be sure for the classes you got C's in, to do well in that part on the OAT

I received a C- (Psych), a C+ (EvoEco) and actually a D+ (Gen Chem - retook that class) in undergrad. My GPA wasn't all too high by the end of my undergrad, but I did what I could to get it as high as I could. Thus, I grinded studying for the OAT and hoped that my score would carry me. I heard back from all the schools that I applied to with interviews and was accepted into all the ones I interview with. Just focus up!