45 days left mission possible or impossible?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

whoknows87

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My test date is in early Sept I'm using TBR and EK 101 for preparation I have about one section left , will finish today of Organic Chem, and 2 sections on Physics and Gen Chem on the first set of books, then I have the 2nd set to go and about 40 days or so to go ? I figured if I do a chapter a day or even at times 2 chapters a day I can be done in time and still do a few FL before to see where I am at , I usually do the chapters and supplement them with Passages from TBR and Videos from Khan Academy/youtube on the subject anyone else in the same boat?
 
Hmmm, it might be a bit of a crunch. You're saying that you have 70% each remaining of physics and gen chem content review, right? How much of bio do you have left? And how long did it take for you to complete orgo and the first 30% of physics and gen chem?
 
I'm half way through BIO using the EK book that can be finished in 2 days lol thats no problem
I will finish Organic book 1 this week and possibly Gen Chem and Physics also, I just have to crunch I wasnt studying everyday that's the issue
 
It's definitely possible, you just have to be really focused on covering as much ground with comprehension as quickly as possible (efficiency is key), so that you'll have plenty of time to master concepts and practice problems for areas of weakness. Work your butt off, then take a practice test to get a sense of where you stand. At this point, it all depends on how quickly and efficiently you can learn and apply.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Im in the same boat and Im freaking out. Taking MCAT on September 1st...almost done going over content using ek or tpr at times. good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using SDN Mobile
 
I'm half way through BIO using the EK book that can be finished in 2 days lol thats no problem
I will finish Organic book 1 this week and possibly Gen Chem and Physics also, I just have to crunch I wasnt studying everyday that's the issue
Sounds like you've got this as long as you stay dedicated! Best of luck to you and hsaid :luck:
 
I feel your pain! I also write during the first week of Sept and feel like I am running out of time. I started off a little over a month and a half ago, thinking I had plenty of time, by reading the EK general chem, EK physics, and EK bio books. During that 3 week time period I found the EK gen chem/physics was basically useless for me. Since then I acquired the utterly amazing BR gen chem/physics books and am currently on lesson 6/10 in each of them. I know that I have a month and a half left but finishing the last chapters in both gen chem/physics + allotting 30 days for AAMC 3-11 + review seems like it will be down to the wire. Good luck to those writing in the first week of Sept or earlier 🙂
 
Taking mine on September first and only finished the first book for all of these. No worries guys, I doubt the last two-three practice tests covered will be the difference in the score you get.