$49.00 IHS Pharmacist job. Would you take it or negotiate?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
what is the going rate for retail now? I graduated in 2017 have only worked staffing in hospitals. Started at at $49.50 an hour but worked nights and it was 65 hours got paid for 80, overnight 7 on 7 off. I took a new job at the hospital in my hometown ... still work nights and 7 on 7 off at $56.77 an hour but its 72 hours get paid for 80.

Members don't see this ad.

what is the going rate for retail now? I graduated in 2017 have only worked staffing in hospitals. Started at at $49.50 an hour but worked nights and it was 65 hours got paid for 80, overnight 7 on 7 off. I took a new job at the hospital in my hometown ... still work nights and 7 on 7 off at $56.77 an hour but its 72 hours get paid for 80.

Depends on your area, but generally chain retail pays $10 - $15/hr more than hospital and independent retail pays $5 - $10 less than hospital.

Do you mind discussing how you managed to get hired by them? Did you do a rotation at an IHS site during pharmacy school?

I did rotation my last year and got a job offer after I graduated.

I did rotation my last year and got a job offer after I graduated.

Congratulations. Do you mind if I ask what region the IHS practice is in? Also, is it possible to get a job as a new grad pharmacist with them without having completed a rotation with them first?