499 Atlius FL-1 score... crushed :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted803410

So I just finished Atlius FL-1, which was my first test from this company. I will say, the CP was a bit tough on me.
I've scored 508 on AAMC FL-1, and 507 on Kaplan FL-3. So this 499 has me confused.

Here are my percentiles:
CP- 125
CARS- 123
BB- 125
PsS- 126

I usually consistently score 127 on CARS, and it's my lowest section...

Should I be worried about this test score? My MCAT is in 2 WEEKS from today... should I reschedule? Those of you who have taken Altius FLs and taken the actual MCAT may be more able to answer my questions.

Members don't see this ad.

I've watched many students take FLE1 and then go on and get their MCAT scores. Most of my students who score in that very-close-to-500 range on that first exam (498-502) are able to reach the 5-teens by test day, but that is after 3-6 months of tutoring.

With that as background, if one of my students took FLE1 today for the first time and got a 499, I would be concerned, but I'm targeting everyone to 515+ scores, so it depends on the score you would be happy with. Most my students go up on test day compared to Altius exams, by 5-10 points last year, more like 2-4 points on the new Altius scale this year. I'd predict you will go up by a few points, maybe 3-4 on the low end, 5-6 on the high end. So, 503-506ish.

If you're already planning on taking AAMC2 soon, your average between AAMC scored 1 and 2 will be a pretty safe bet. Maybe if AAMC2 is higher, so you have a 508 on AAMC1 and a 509/10 on AAMC2, you can plan on that 507-510ish range. But, if you happen to go down on AAMC2, say you then have 508 on AAMC1 and 504-507 on AAMC2, then maybe you take that as notice that the Altius exam was indicating something and a score in the 505 range could be possible.

So I just finished Atlius FL-1, which was my first test from this company. I will say, the CP was a bit tough on me.
I've scored 508 on AAMC FL-1, and 507 on Kaplan FL-3. So this 499 has me confused.

Here are my percentiles:
CP- 125
CARS- 123
BB- 125
PsS- 126

I usually consistently score 127 on CARS, and it's my lowest section...

Should I be worried about this test score? My MCAT is in 2 WEEKS from today... should I reschedule? Those of you who have taken Altius FLs and taken the actual MCAT may be more able to answer my questions.
Altius tests are difficult IMO but very good preparation. I would take AAMC FL2 and see if your score is higher.

With that being said, Altius tests are more in line with section bank difficulty than any other practice tests. Your problem is probably more critically thinking/analysis related.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
AAMC FL 1 is the most representative. Don't worry about Altius this or that. Go in confidently and take it. Kaplan and Altius are not representative.

Members don't see this ad :)
Keep your head up! CARS on FLE1 is definitely one of, if not the most difficult of the Altius CAR sections. One thing we try to do is give you a variety of difficulty levels for each section across the 10 exams; because students are consistently reporting that specific sections are "killers" on one exam form, but not the next. There are other CARS section to come you will find much easier!