50-50 Male-Female Ratio at dental school???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bu_dentist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
its pretty evident that there are many more male applicants than female applicants...estimated about 70% - 30%....how come dental schools (like arizona) are trying to establish a 50-50 ratio?????

is that unfair for guys???

Members don't see this ad.

bu_dentist said:
its pretty evident that there are many more male applicants than female applicants...estimated about 70% - 30%....how come dental schools (like arizona) are trying to establish a 50-50 ratio?????

Welcome to America buddy, it is definitely unfair, but does what you get with the Feminazis and the gutless American male, who is afraid to stand up to them.

yeah this issue has come up a lot at my school and of course the females think it is totally legit....many of them claiming it is not even true (the applications ratio) and the acceptance issue (our class is exactly 50-50). So obviously right there they are in the dark. I'm not saying that the girls are not qualified to be here but there are LOTS of male applicants getting screwed over by this deal by some girls (read some not all) that will probably get married, have kids, and not practice dentistry at all.

Members don't see this ad :)
i guess dental schools are secretly promoting affirmative action to cover themselves from ultra feminists...

Please ban this post and/or these posters. Boys, please feel free to move to the Tenderloin in San Fran. I promise you will never be bothered by confident competitive women who clearly bring out your insecurities...seriously, do you guys get carpet burns from dragging your knuckles everywhere you go?

Blackstars said:
Welcome to America buddy, it is definitely unfair, but does what you get with the Feminazis and the gutless American male, who is afraid to stand up to them.

wow, welcome to my bum****ing douchebag list.

bu_dentist said:

You don't know what you're talking about. As of 2002, women represented 43% of applicants and also 43% of enrollees. Note how those numbers are equal. Imagine that. Some schools accept a higher percentage of women compared to the applicant pool, and some schools accept a higher percentage of men. In the end though, the statistics show that everything balances out. Quit the whining and the misogyny. It's pathetic.

You can find the statistics here: http://www.adea.org/CEPRWeb/DEPR/Documents/2002 Applicant Analysis.pdf

Revellian said:
You don't know what you're talking about. As of 2002, women represented 43% of applicants and also 43% of enrollees. Note how those numbers are equal. Imagine that. Some schools accept a higher percentage of women compared to the applicant pool, and some schools accept a higher percentage of men. In the end though, the statistics show that everything balances out. Quit the whining and the misogyny. It's pathetic.

You can find the statistics here: http://www.adea.org/CEPRWeb/DEPR/Documents/2002 Applicant Analysis.pdf

Finally, sanity has come to this thread! Thank you, too many paranoid opinions from both sides coming out in this thread.

St. Appolonia said:
Please ban this post and/or these posters. Boys, please feel free to move to the Tenderloin in San Fran. I promise you will never be bothered by confident competitive women who clearly bring out your insecurities...seriously, do you guys get carpet burns from dragging your knuckles everywhere you go?

haha, there is no such thing as a confident, competitve women. I'm sorry you been lied to. :laugh:

Blackstars said:
haha, there is no such thing as a confident, competitve women. I'm sorry you been lied to. :laugh:

I'll make you eat those words, Blackstars, if we ever end up at the same school ;)

La Miraflorina said:
I'll make you eat those words, Blackstars, if we ever end up at the same school ;)

No, you wont. More than likely I'll have to turn down Maryland and their scholarship and head to UPENN :D

St. Appolonia said:
...I promise you will never be bothered by confident competitive women who clearly bring out your insecurities...

What does "confidence" and competitiveness have to do with this? And when did women lack confidence in the first place? What many females think is "confidence" and "competitiveness" actually comes across as "loud" and "pushy".

St. Appolonia said:
...seriously, do you guys get carpet burns from dragging your knuckles everywhere you go?
yeah...but not the same carpet burns you gals must be getting to take spots away from males.

I don't care if the schools accepted 90% women, I already have a spot :D
Seriously though, admit that some girls get in with a 15 just because of affirmative action...I'm just stirring the pot! I love internet arguments.

Guys, all we have to do is get 26's and we'll be fine! Cross dressing to the interview may help too!
Man it's late, bedtime hollas!

Sommy said:
If there are a higher percentage of women being accepted to your school than female applicant (%), did you ever consider that their gpas and scores were higher. I know that although the there are only 30% women in my third year class, the females make up 8 of the top ten gpas.

65% women, 35% men here at UCSF D1's. The girls took the top ten awards and scholarships, leaving all of us males in the dust. Thats ok though, cause its more fun to ask a girl for some tutoring than a guy :laugh: