501 first MCAT. 498 on retake. Question about sending

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eminemloves

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I got a 501 on my first MCAT and a 498 on my retake(I know it sucks).
When I submitted by AACOMAS app a few months ago, I indicate that I'd be taking a future MCAT. However, when I viewed the PDF's of all my applications for each DO school, nowhere does it show on there about a future MCAT coming in. And basically since they view those PDF's when reviewing your app, there's no where on there for them to see I took another MCAT right?

To avoid hurting my chances, should I just not electronically send my 498 score to AACOMAS? The 501 is already in and has been in.

Is there an updated list of DO schools that superscore, or take only your highest score instead of most recent?

Members don't see this ad.

When I submitted by AACOMAS app a few months ago, I indicate that I'd be taking a future MCAT. However, when I viewed the PDF's of all my applications for each DO school, nowhere does it show on there about a future MCAT coming in. And basically since they view those PDF's when reviewing your app, there's no where on there for them to see I took another MCAT right?

To avoid hurting my chances, should I just not electronically send my 498 score to AACOMAS? The 501 is already in and has been in.

Is there an updated list of DO schools that superscore, or take only your highest score instead of most recent?

Dear OP, honesty is the best thing to have. Even if you don't send it in, the adcoms still know about your future MCAT. They should have access to new MCAT too if they want.
even if they don't know that now, once you matriculated, they did say that "if subsequent any intentional misinformation was discovered..." You will be in a very bad shape.
I suggest sending both MCAT in. It's still early so apply broadly. Some school do take the best MCAT score btw.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If it were that easy to hide an MCAT score, more people would do it. I'm pretty sure once you submitted your first score officially, it will automatically update/adcoms will automatically have access to your official AAMC score reports. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure you only have to officially submit your score once and the rest is an automatic update. I only submitted once for my two MCAT scores and there was no way to select if I was submitting one or the other, it automatically submitted for both.

OP, do you really want to go through the entire cycle, interview, get accepted, fly there, pay for rent, and then have them revoke/dismiss you before/after school starts? This should be a no brainer.

Reactions: 1 users
Newer and/or rural DO schools will be fine with your low MCAT scores. No reason to hide it.

Don't hide it. They will find out and then you are doomed for sure and maybe forever. Just submit it.

Since your app is in process you have no choice but to submit the new mcat IF you applied (or plan to apply) to schools. Hiding it will only get you kicked out and ruin your chances forever. Don't lie.

Depending on your gpa you may or may not want to apply to schools if you haven't already. A strong gpa and EC's and you might have an outside shot at some newer schools but may not.

Don't retake MCAT without figuring out what you did wrong and studying!!! 2 lower scores and you're finished.

Good luck

I think you're most likely done for this cycle.

I don't understand why did you retake a 501 for a DO?

I don't understand why did you retake a 501 for a DO?
Maybe OP was uncertain if he wants to apply for MD or DO alone.
When I discovered my 502, I was about to sign up for retake as well. But then I cancelled it. It was a good decision cause I'm not really sure I'll do better