MD 511 MCAT Undergrad 3.3 c/sGPA; Graduate GPA 3.90

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SeattleNative91

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm a 26 year old white female.

I graduated with a International Affairs degree in 2013 with a cumulative/Science GPA of 3.3. While in college, I had over 100 hours research. I taught science for three years after I graduated while getting a masters in Teaching Science with a cumulative GPA of 3.9. Currently, I am also volunteering at my local hospital as well. I took my MCAT and got a 511. I'm originally from Washington state and would prefer to go to an MD program there, but I am open to anywhere that will accept me. I plan on applying to Medical School next year. Should I retake, apply with what I have? Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

For MD your best chances are your 2 Washington schools if Washington is your state of residence when you apply. Your MCAT is fine and there is no reason to retake. You could try schools such as:
Loma Linda
Oakland Beaumont
Rosalind Franklin
Creighton
New York Medical College
Quinnipiac
any new schools that may open for 2019 (Seton Hall, Roseman, Kaiser, NOVA MD, etc.)
I suggest also applying to at least 8 DO schools and you are competitive for all DO schools.