6/19 - DONE!! Ended up with FRAP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

informatique

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Scores from today:

PA 19
QR 18
RC 19
B 21
GC 19
OC 23
TS 21
AA 20

Last year I got: 17, 17, 21

GPA overall: 3.45 Science: 3.35 Graduated already.

I was originally a pre-pharm student and had studied for the PCAT. PCAT was really easy and I thought it would be the same for the DAT, so I only used 2 PCAT Barron's books and did the PAT section on Achiever last year and used nothing else.

I used Destroyer, Organic Odyssey, and Topscore exclusively this year and studied for 3 1/2 weeks using only those 3 sources since I'm going to be out of the country for the rest of the summer and I really had to cram. I only studied the sciences, but I should have studied math, PAT, and reading. I wish I had used Destroyer last year because I pretty much had about 5-7 questions that are actually in Destroyer but I didn't feel like forking out the money for it, but I'm really glad that I used it this year.

I was aiming for 20+ on all sections, but that didn't work out. I'm pretty satisfied with my scores though.

I ended up with the FRAP question and ethics passage. Needless to say, my RC went down from 22 to 19.

The only suggestion I have is to use Destroyer and supplement it with other materials. Good luck to everyone who's preparing and thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Whats FRAP?

Fluorescence After photobleaching, its used to see the movement of proteins, carbohydrates, or lipids on membranes.....very interesting stuff but for some reason everyone hates it

Members don't see this ad :)
Great scores! Good luck
osims I dont think people mind the FRAP question anymore but it means the ethics passage is heading your way in RC. I heard its HUGE like 22 paragraphs or something thats why people dont like it. I seems like you get one with the other like a package deal. Everyone recently said they had both or neither
Any Advice? Which section did you think Destroyer was best for for the test?

Scores from today:

PA 19
QR 18
RC 19
B 21
GC 19
OC 23
TS 21
AA 20

Last year I got: 17, 17, 21

GPA overall: 3.45 Science: 3.35 Graduated already.

I was originally a pre-pharm student and had studied for the PCAT. PCAT was really easy and I thought it would be the same for the DAT, so I only used 2 PCAT Barron's books and did the PAT section on Achiever last year and used nothing else.

I used Destroyer, Organic Odyssey, and Topscore exclusively this year and studied for 3 1/2 weeks using only those 3 sources since I'm going to be out of the country for the rest of the summer and I really had to cram. I only studied the sciences, but I should have studied math, PAT, and reading. I wish I had used Destroyer last year because I pretty much had about 5-7 questions that are actually in Destroyer but I didn't feel like forking out the money for it, but I'm really glad that I used it this year.

I was aiming for 20+ on all sections, but that didn't work out. I'm pretty satisfied with my scores though.

I ended up with the FRAP question and ethics passage. Needless to say, my RC went down from 22 to 19.

The only suggestion I have is to use Destroyer and supplement it with other materials. Good luck to everyone who's preparing and thanks for the help!

What do you mean by FRAP?

FRAP is a lab technique called Fluorescence Recovery After Photobleaching. It has recently been used to show axonal transport. Anyway, I'm more concerned with the Ethics RC passage rather than 1 question on this lab technique. It seems like everyone that gets this Ethics passage...their RC score is lower.

FRAP is a lab technique called Fluorescence Recovery After Photobleaching. It has recently been used to show axonal transport. Anyway, I'm more concerned with the Ethics RC passage rather than 1 question on this lab technique. It seems like everyone that gets this Ethics passage...their RC score is lower.

What's so horrible about the Ethics passage??? Just curious.