6 months J1 visa waiver for FTD ...please help

Started by Swapy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Swapy

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi i am a foreign dentist from India. I have been offered J1 visa in US for 6 months as Research trainee. Do we have a waiver for this visa or do we have to go to home country for 2 years before taking job in future? If waiver is possible, is it easily obtained nowadays? I am just confused should i go ahead. has anyone done research on J1 being an FTD or if there is a possibility to do it on B1....plz let me know how.Please help.
 
What kind of research are you gonna do?? Industry or university?? I might have a route for you just depends on what you are planning to do, send me an email at [email protected]
Hi, I have been accepted in a fellowship program which offers J1 Visa for 1 year. Is it mandatory to return to my country? Is thr a possibility to obtain J1 Visa waiver and what are the chances of it's acceptance?