6 months until Step 1, P4 rank

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

knope321

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I'm an MS2, 5 months until dedicated, and 1 month of dedicated before Step. I have not been doing so weel in school and am clearly am lacking some foundation for Step. I've tried to practice questions and just get so many wrong. I also feel like seeing a question doesnt make it stick. I've been going to back to First Aid as my main reference and supplementing with pathoma and BnB.

I do zanki each block but found it overwhelming to keep up with reviews, so I have only been semi-consistent doing immunology and biochem. I'm really weak in cardio and GI, and these are areas I've been working on. I just feel like my progress is so slow and if I study something one week, when I go back to it, I've forgotten most of it within like 3 weeks. I tried Zanki cardio this summer and at the beginning of the year, but there is so much minutae I can't even get the basics. Like I'm scoring 40-50% on Usmle-Rx on things that I have looked over after we finished a block.

What is the best way to step study for students doing below average?

Members don't see this ad.