Step I 6 months until Step 1, P4 rank

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

knope321

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey,

I'm an MS2, 5 months until dedicated, and 1 month of dedicated before Step. I have not been doing so weel in school and am clearly am lacking some foundation for Step. I've tried to practice questions and just get so many wrong. I also feel like seeing a question doesnt make it stick. I've been going to back to First Aid as my main reference and supplementing with pathoma and BnB.

I do zanki each block but found it overwhelming to keep up with reviews, so I have only been semi-consistent doing immunology and biochem. I'm really weak in cardio and GI, and these are areas I've been working on. I just feel like my progress is so slow and if I study something one week, when I go back to it, I've forgotten most of it within like 3 weeks. I tried Zanki cardio this summer and at the beginning of the year, but there is so much minutae I can't even get the basics. Like I'm scoring 40-50% on Usmle-Rx on things that I have looked over after we finished a block.

What is the best way to step study for students doing below average?