7 months until I start dental school... Dental students' input?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry if this sounds dumb but what is indirect vision? How do u improve it?
Basically, working through a mirror. Things become inversed, ha

How do you improve it? No idea! Still trying to figure that out :p

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
relax for now, try to get yourself familiarize with tooth morphology/numbering

read for leisure. trust me. you won't get much of that in school. leadership books, business books, and the alike are great bc you don't learn that stuff in school. travel. if you want to "study", grab a color dissection atlas and flip through it. you'd be amazed at what you'll learn when you're not trying to learn.

Members don't see this ad :)
My best advice would be to relax! Last year I was in the same predicament as you and remember reading SDN and seeing all these dental students saying to relax, but I couldn't help "trying" to study. I ended up buying the NBDE Part 1 First Aid book and flipping through that a little, but I did make sure to enjoy as much time with friends and family as possible before I moved out of state. You definitely do learn everything you need to know in dental school, so spend your time relaxing because you don't get too too much downtime here lol I did struggle with biochem and some other subjects in undergrad, but I ended up with straight A's my first semester of dental school. It might depend on the school, but I feel like dental school is more organized than my undergrad and the tests are pretty fair. The effort you put in will determine your grades and you just have to learn what the most effective way of studying is for you and go with it. Good luck!

Congrats on getting in. I plan to buy a plane ticket to Southeast Asia and spend a good three to four months backpacking/working there and having an amazing adventure the summer before dental school.
I'm going to be in SE asia from March to the end of June! See you there? hahaha
#classof2020

Reactions: 1 user