7 on 7 off - Inpatient?

Started by t3h50
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

t3h50

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've heard of 7 on / 7 off pharmacist jobs in retail, but I'm not very familiar with hospitals. I think there are 7 on / 7 off for staff pharmacists, but what about clinical? If yes to clinical, what particular areas / specialties? (If anyone does this personally, please share your experience.) Thanks!
 
I haven't seen this for clinical specialists...but possible some exist. Part of being a specialist is being a consistent member of the team.

Most hospital 7/7 jobs are overnight or evening staffing in the central pharmacy.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've heard of 7 on / 7 off pharmacist jobs in retail, but I'm not very familiar with hospitals. I think there are 7 on / 7 off for staff pharmacists, but what about clinical? If yes to clinical, what particular areas / specialties? (If anyone does this personally, please share your experience.) Thanks!

I know of a few 7/7 emergency dept clinical pharmacists, swing shift hours.
 
I've heard of 7 on / 7 off pharmacist jobs in retail, but I'm not very familiar with hospitals. I think there are 7 on / 7 off for staff pharmacists, but what about clinical? If yes to clinical, what particular areas / specialties? (If anyone does this personally, please share your experience.) Thanks!
I work inpatient 7on/7 off. I work afternoons - 1pm till 1130pm. I like it a lot - it's actually the healthiest shift, in my opinion, at least for me - a true night owl. Midnight shift will mess you up eventually.
I go to sleep every day - whether I work or not, at the same time when my body tells me to do so - around 2-230am. Get up around 11am. Can still hit the gym if I want to.
Out of my 7 days: 3 days - clinical
3 days - order entry
1 day - random assignment
 
You guys have overlap at the hospital or every one owns their shift?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
 
I work inpatient 7on/7 off. I work afternoons - 1pm till 1130pm. I like it a lot - it's actually the healthiest shift, in my opinion, at least for me - a true night owl. Midnight shift will mess you up eventually.
I go to sleep every day - whether I work or not, at the same time when my body tells me to do so - around 2-230am. Get up around 11am. Can still hit the gym if I want to.
Out of my 7 days: 3 days - clinical
3 days - order entry
1 day - random assignment

Sweet gig👍