7 year old pre req classes... still good?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emags118

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello, I am currently getting ready to apply to dental school this coming June I was reading over the pre req classes of some schools and realized English is a pre req. I have taken a year of college English but that was back in 2003. All my science pre req's are at most 2 years old since I attended a post bacc program. Will the English credits still be accepted? Any help would be great, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

hello, I am currently getting ready to apply to dental school this coming June I was reading over the pre req classes of some schools and realized English is a pre req. I have taken a year of college English but that was back in 2003. All my science pre req's are at most 2 years old since I attended a post bacc program. Will the English credits still be accepted? Any help would be great, thanks.

I imagine they will be acceptable. I had my english classes dual enrolled in 2004 in High school and they counted, so I don't see why yours would not.

Members don't see this ad :)
ok sounds good, I was just a little worried that maybe I would have take them over because i know that there is a time limit on how good dat scores are good for.

From the U of MN....
"Courses in biology, chemistry, and physics may be considered outdated if taken more than five years before the time of application"

I vaguely remember seeing another school say something similar. You should check the websites or contact the schools you plan on applying to.

Really depends on which school you are applying. I was accepted to my state school and my prereqs were 18-20 years old (gasp). I had considered applying to Tenn. but they had a 5 year expiration date I believe. Most schools have the info on their websites.