8AM to Midnight Walgreens

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxboy1996

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here works at a WAGS that is open 8 am - midnight or even 6 am - midnight? Could you tell me what your schedule usually is, what shifts you work, and how many days a week there are mid-shift rphs? My store Monday - Wednesday has 3 pharmacists, 7 am - 2/3, 10 am to 5/6, and 4 - midnight, Thursday and Friday, just 2 pharmacists 7-4 pm, and 4 - midnight and weekends are just 8-4, and 4 -12. And yes, during the week, the shifts starts at 7 am, an hour before the pharmacy is open to clear the queue and do other tasks, smart count, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I've work a store that was 6am to midnight. 10 hour shifts. 6am to 4pm and 2pm to midnight. Overlapped with a midifferent shift from 11 to 7pm. Pharmacists work 4 days a week.

I never worked at an extended hour store except on the weekends (8am-8pm). I wonder if anyone has got stuck closing at midnight and then opening the next day at 6 or 8am.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone here works at a WAGS that is open 8 am - midnight or even 6 am - midnight? Could you tell me what your schedule usually is, what shifts you work, and how many days a week there are mid-shift rphs? My store Monday - Wednesday has 3 pharmacists, 7 am - 2/3, 10 am to 5/6, and 4 - midnight, Thursday and Friday, just 2 pharmacists 7-4 pm, and 4 - midnight and weekends are just 8-4, and 4 -12. And yes, during the week, we go in an hour before the pharmacy is open to clear the queue and do other tasks, smart count, etc.
Hope you get paid hrly. 1 hr coming in early? Wag sucks

Does anyone here works at a WAGS that is open 8 am - midnight or even 6 am - midnight? Could you tell me what your schedule usually is, what shifts you work, and how many days a week there are mid-shift rphs? My store Monday - Wednesday has 3 pharmacists, 7 am - 2/3, 10 am to 5/6, and 4 - midnight, Thursday and Friday, just 2 pharmacists 7-4 pm, and 4 - midnight and weekends are just 8-4, and 4 -12. And yes, during the week, we go in an hour before the pharmacy is open to clear the queue and do other tasks, smart count, etc.

No...why would you go in an hour early to do that...that's silly. They need to know that the current staffing is not adequate. If everyone just comes in an hour early and does work for free...then they will keep taking advantage of that.

I never worked at an extended hour store except on the weekends (8am-8pm). I wonder if anyone has got stuck closing at midnight and then opening the next day at 6 or 8am.
Since there is no overlap on Thursday and Friday, only RXM and staff work those days and usually the 4 - midnight person on thursday has to come back for morning shift on friday. And then the other person has the back to back the next week.

Last edited:
No...why would you go in an hour early to do that...that's silly. They need to know that the current staffing is not adequate. If everyone just comes in an hour early and does work for free...then they will keep taking advantage of that.
No, 7 am is when RPh shift starts. They get paid for that hour. We're not coming in for free. I should have been clearer. Pharmacy is open 8 to midnight. But we start working at 7 am.

Reactions: 1 user
Hope you get paid hrly. 1 hr coming in early? Wag sucks
Salaried. It's part of my 80 hours including the coming in at 7 am when scheduled morning shift.

Last edited:
I've work a store that was 6am to midnight. 10 hour shifts. 6am to 4pm and 2pm to midnight. Overlapped with a midifferent shift from 11 to 7pm. Pharmacists work 4 days a week.
Interesting. I almost wouldn't mind doing that.

Also, I have seen 2 stores in the area that were 8- midnight change their weekend hours from 8 to midnight to 9 - 9. Probably not much longer before all the 6am or 8 am to midnight stores are like that. Almost becomes a scheduling nightmare.