911! GPA and possible grade retake.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Life Sucks

STUDY HARD PANTZ ON...
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I'm a sophomore this fall semester, and I had a bad semester to put it lightly. So, I was sick a lot this semester, and I had to drop a class and a lab. Not only that with a WF, I got a C in a math course. It lowered what was a decent gpa down to a 3.23 and I'm worried. Any ideas. I know one thing I can do is finish this year and the rest strong or retake the class.

Members don't see this ad.

Buckle down and work hard. A 3.23 GPA is certainly not going to kill your chances of getting into medical school. Additionally, schools tend to look for trends in academic performance. Nothing will say "I learned my lesson" more powerfully than your transcript.

Nevermind. I talked to my advisor. I'll just take a higher level course and do better next semester. A 3.23 beginning sophomore year is bad, but not the worst.

Members don't see this ad :)
Buckle down and work hard. A 3.23 GPA is certainly not going to kill your chances of getting into medical school. Additionally, schools tend to look for trends in academic performance. Nothing will say "I learned my lesson" more powerfully than your transcript.
Yeah, I agree. I've seen people on this forum get in senior year with a 3.0 and with post-bacc.

You'll be fine if you shape up. I got a C my sophomore year and all went well. If you do well from now on, the semester will appear more as a fluke than anything else.

You'll be fine if you shape up. I got a C my sophomore year and all went well. If you do well from now on, the semester will appear more as a fluke than anything else.
Thanks. I was getting a lot A's and some B's then, but now I know not to get a C. Such a GPA killer.

Thanks. I was getting a lot A's and some B's then, but now I know not to get a C. Such a GPA killer.

Seriously. I got a C in a 5 hour Math course my very first semester and its holding down my sGPA by something like 0.19. To put it lightly, thats really, really annoying.

Seriously. I got a C in a 5 hour Math course my very first semester and its holding down my sGPA by something like 0.19. To put it lightly, thats really, really annoying.
Exactly, I was passing it with a B average. Not the best, but anyhow, during the exam, I was sick and tired. Frankly though, next year, will be different.

Step 1: volunteer in an ER
Step 2: realize how frequently people call 911 for non-emergencies
Step 3: recognize that you are doing the same here

Reactions: 1 user
The school won't let you retake a class that you already passed. Improve your GPA and you'll be fine. Also, try to stay healthy if you can't avoid getting sick.

Step 1: volunteer in an ER
Step 2: realize how frequently people call 911 for non-emergencies
Step 3: recognize that you are doing the same here

4)????
5) profit

Reactions: 1 user
By the way,science gpa? Is it like the applied bio-calculus at my school?
The school won't let you retake a class that you already passed. Improve your GPA and you'll be fine. Also, try to stay healthy if you can't avoid getting sick.
I try my best. Though I wash my hands too much that my hands are actually getting sores and bleeding.

By the way,science gpa? Is it like the applied bio-calculus at my school?

No, sGPA is BCPM(biology, chemistry, physics, math) I changed majors after my freshman semester but that one semester Calculus was required. I was definitely not prepared for college that first semester.

No, sGPA is BCPM(biology, chemistry, physics, math) I changed majors after my freshman semester but that one semester Calculus was required. I was definitely not prepared for college that first semester.
Oh, makes sense. But, dang if that's the case, that C will hurt a little. ;p All well, thnx everyone. Sorry for the overreaction.