99% Sept 8 PCAT AMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dnewlun

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Bio 99
Chem 99
Reading 98
Quant 97
Cumulative 99

Ask me anything

Members don't see this ad.

How did you get 98 in reading? I thought I was answering the questions correctly but I ended up with a 26 :(

It's funny you ask that. I was guessing on a lot of them. I didn't think I was doing well in that section at all. It was really about getting it down to two reasonable options and just going with my gut.

Members don't see this ad :)
How was the chemistry and biology section? Do you have dr Collins? How was it the exam compared to dr Collins? Also compared to Kaplan ?

Did you read the whole passage before answering the questions?

I did read the whole passage. Though I found myself looking back at it fairly often.

How was the chemistry and biology section? Do you have dr Collins? How was it the exam compared to dr Collins? Also compared to Kaplan ?

I didn't do anything with Collins at all. I went through the entire 2016 Kaplan book though. There were a few question the listed a number of symptoms and you were supposed to list what microorganism would be causing it. Kaplan was really lacking in the microbiology department. Otherwise it seemed to do a good job. I have a bachelors in biology though so it's hard to say exactly what I learned from Kaplan and what I already knew.

I felt the passages for chemistry were more difficult that the passages in the Pearson practice tests. So much so that I found reading the passages in depth to actually be a waste of time. Rather, it was better to look specifically just at the part being asked about in the question. One strategy I found really beneficial for both biology and chemistry was to just skip all the passages and do them last.

Reactions: 1 user
Bio 99
Chem 99
Reading 98
Quant 97
Cumulative 99

Ask me anything
Hello just wanted to ask for those who have taken the pcat.. When the instructor launches test do they provide earphones? And also do you go thru a set of instructions before starting tests or it starts automatically?

Hello just wanted to ask for those who have taken the pcat.. When the instructor launches test do they provide earphones? And also do you go thru a set of instructions before starting tests or it starts automatically?
When I took the test, there was a pair of noise cancelling headphones at each computer station. There are some instructions prior to the test that helps you with using the interface of the exam like the calculator and how to flag questions for review, but the individual test instructions is part of the exam itself and counts as part of your time limit, which caught me by surprise.