A Biology studying strategy for a visual learner

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brutess

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is my first post - I've been lurking in the shadows of this website since the beginning of June. I've never been good at absorbing information from a textbook or a document of notes without having someone explain the concepts beforehand. Something that I began to do which has helped tremendously is going through KhanAcademy's 'Crash Course: Biology' videos as a basis and then reading through Russelldw's notes one topic at a time. Khan Academy doesn't go in-depth but it sure does help you get down those elementary concepts before diving into notes. Hearing and watching someone describe ideas helps me understand what's going on and sort of acts as an appetizer to the full meal (Feralis and Cliffs).

Other than that, I take my test August 18th and I'm looking forward to sharing my study experience/breakdown with you guys since you all have been so kind and generous.

Since I'm here why not share where my scores are at on Kaplan's site (which I think is such a bad resource).

July 14th Full Length #2 - PAT: 18 QR: 14 (Just ordered Math Destroyer) RC: 19 Bio: 16 GC: 20 OC: 18 TS: 18 AA: 17

I have a month left and although I'm beginning to panic, I know to just hang in there. I'm also not really sure what to do now for each section. I have a decent amount of info to learn for Bio so do you guys suggest I continue with my own strategy + Cliffs + Feralis or do some Bio in Destroyer? I think I'm going to stick with OC and GC in destroyer because I know the concepts.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Mine is the 15th! and I'm going through everything you just mentioned! I'm making quizlet cards out of feralis and doing destroyer. IDK how anybody actually retains all that bio info. Best of luck!

i retained most of it by watching craig savage biology videos and following along with @russelldw bio notes. Then I would also add some of my own notes in their. Then did bio destroyer question to solidify the information. Trust me, just passively reading it won't help, and it may seem impossible initially if you are doing it that way.

I first reviewed everything in biology (boring part), then finished bio destroyer within a short period of time(fun, time went by pretty quick).

Members don't see this ad :)
i retained most of it by watching craig savage biology videos and following along with @russelldw bio notes. Then I would also add some of my own notes in their. Then did bio destroyer question to solidify the information. Trust me, just passively reading it won't help, and it may seem impossible initially if you are doing it that way.

I first reviewed everything in biology (boring part), then finished bio destroyer within a short period of time(fun, time went by pretty quick).
Agreed with needing to watch videos and following along with notes.

This is my first post - I've been lurking in the shadows of this website since the beginning of June. I've never been good at absorbing information from a textbook or a document of notes without having someone explain the concepts beforehand. Something that I began to do which has helped tremendously is going through KhanAcademy's 'Crash Course: Biology' videos as a basis and then reading through Russelldw's notes one topic at a time. Khan Academy doesn't go in-depth but it sure does help you get down those elementary concepts before diving into notes. Hearing and watching someone describe ideas helps me understand what's going on and sort of acts as an appetizer to the full meal (Feralis and Cliffs).

Other than that, I take my test August 18th and I'm looking forward to sharing my study experience/breakdown with you guys since you all have been so kind and generous.

Since I'm here why not share where my scores are at on Kaplan's site (which I think is such a bad resource).

July 14th Full Length #2 - PAT: 18 QR: 14 (Just ordered Math Destroyer) RC: 19 Bio: 16 GC: 20 OC: 18 TS: 18 AA: 17

I have a month left and although I'm beginning to panic, I know to just hang in there. I'm also not really sure what to do now for each section. I have a decent amount of info to learn for Bio so do you guys suggest I continue with my own strategy + Cliffs + Feralis or do some Bio in Destroyer? I think I'm going to stick with OC and GC in destroyer because I know the concepts.

Mines on sept 5... I've been studying for one mo th.. When should I take my first full length practice??0