A Bit Confused

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sparda29

En Taro Adun
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After looking into medical school information, I found out that you only submit supplemental applications after they contact you.

Now, are supplemental applications sent right after PharmCAS or only if the school asks you to submit a supplemental application?

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on the schools. Some schools you have no choice but to wait around for them to send you a supplemental application if they think you are a good candidate (ex. NOVA) and other schools you have to take the initiative and do the supplemental yourself (ex. UF). Find out how each of the schools you applied to work concerning supplementals.

I mean, last year I applied for 4 schools. LIU, LECOM, Jefferson, and St. John Fisher. I only submitted a supplemental application for Jefferson and that was the only school I interviewed at.

LIU, my grades were just not up to par, and I never heard back from any of the other schools about submitting a supplemental application.

Members don't see this ad :)
Like RxChick said, it depends on the school. In my experiences, i've found it to work in these ways:

1. The supp is on their website and you can print it out and submit it yourself
2. They send you either electronic suppl via email or hard copy as soon as they get your pharmcas.
3. They'll evaluate your PharmCas then if they're interested in you, they'll contact you with the suppl

Yeah, its too bad that most of the time they're only interested in the money. I love how some schools will notify you if you have forgotten to send in the suppl fee... bc they only have a fee no essays... then send the rejection letter a week later... yes, its happened.

Heed my advice if you want to save time and money:

Assuming you meet the minimum GPA requirements,
regardless of what you have on your LORs, Personal statement, ECs, work experience...etc etc,

If you don't have at least above 70 on composite PCAT score (To stay safe; aim for 90s and realistically get in the 80s), or above 60 on biology and chemistry sections of PCAT, don't waste your money and don't apply to a fully accredited pharmacy school until you get those stats.

If you score in 60s PCAT and have a high GPA, then apply to a newly open pharmacy school. They might offer you an interview..possibly admissions

:)

With those stats, you should be able to get a few interviews at new pharmacy schools that is opening this year and some that opened last year.

Looking at your current plan to apply to 12 pharmacy schools, you and I both know you learn your lesson and am currently applying (hopefully) more broadly than you did last year (12 vs 4 pharmacy schools)

good luck:)

I'm retaking the PCAT next month anyway. I know where my weakness was, and I'm pretty confident that I can improve the Bio and Chem sections.

I got really lucky on the Math section because I did random guessing on 75% of those questions. Meaning, I picked C for all the questions I didn't know.

That's the one problem I have with some schools is that, without a great GPA, there is no way you can get in even if you have a great PCAT, great LORs.