1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

a couple of questions

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by guest, Oct 8, 2002.

1. guest

guest Member
    10+ Year Member

Dentist
    1) has anyone heard from NYU, I have heard from all of my other schools(UPenn, Temple, UNC, Louisville and UKentucy) already and I thought that NYU was notoriously easy to get into?
    2) what about Ukentucky's requirement of 20 hours required observation. The dentist I shadowed only though I followed him for 6 hours, but I didn't want to say anything. Anyways the lady at admissions told me to send it in anyways. Will I be downright rejected for this?

2. EAK27

EAK27 Member
    7+ Year Member

So far nothing from NYU:confused: maybe they are running late, seems like the trend.

3. GTchick

GTchick Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

About UK I don't think you will be rejected if the rest of your application is solid. Have you recevied an interview invite yet? If you haven't sent in your shadowing form I would make a note with it stating that you were there a longer time or talk to the dentist about it. I just filled in the hours for the dentists when I did mine because I was afraid they would not remember.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. OP
    OP

guest Member
    10+ Year Member

Dentist
    I've already been to a couple interviews but my aadsas confirmation(the copy to look over) thing never came. Is this ok? Should I call them up and ask them to send me one so I can look it over and make sure nothing is wrong?