Deelyons19
New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,
I am a nontraditional pre-dental student who is looking to transfer to a university to start my classes for my bachelors in Biology BS in the fall of 2020. I don't have a super competitive GPA at the moment but my goal is for it to be at least a 3.5-3.6 once I am done with my bachelors.I did not take school as serious as I needed to in my first two years of college. I was working full time, and going to school full time but I maintained a B average. I have a 18 month old daughter now and I just want to be the best example of a parent that I can be. I am going to continue to chase my dreams of becoming a dentist. I just got my dental assistant diploma with expanded functions. I am looking to attend a dental school in Florida, either UF or Nova. Has anyone attended either of these colleges? I am still going to apply to as many schools as I can.
When should I start studying for the DAT? Would my assisting hours count as shadowing hours or do I have to shadow off the clock? How many volunteer hours on average would be ideal?
I am a nontraditional pre-dental student who is looking to transfer to a university to start my classes for my bachelors in Biology BS in the fall of 2020. I don't have a super competitive GPA at the moment but my goal is for it to be at least a 3.5-3.6 once I am done with my bachelors.I did not take school as serious as I needed to in my first two years of college. I was working full time, and going to school full time but I maintained a B average. I have a 18 month old daughter now and I just want to be the best example of a parent that I can be. I am going to continue to chase my dreams of becoming a dentist. I just got my dental assistant diploma with expanded functions. I am looking to attend a dental school in Florida, either UF or Nova. Has anyone attended either of these colleges? I am still going to apply to as many schools as I can.
When should I start studying for the DAT? Would my assisting hours count as shadowing hours or do I have to shadow off the clock? How many volunteer hours on average would be ideal?
Last edited:
sorry for the typo.So I should start studying the second semester of my junior year for the DAT test correct? I am just trying to best prepared as I can be. Also going to look into LECOM now .