a dentist with big hands?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Avrelian

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an unexpected argument from my relative against my possible work in the field. I am a big guy ( 6'4 and not very skinny ) so my hands are not , so to say, very small. They are not huge at all, probably even smaller than you can expect with my height, but still. So, :scared: what do you say?

Members don't see this ad.

I got an unexpected argument from my relative against my possible work in the field. I am a big guy ( 6'4 and not very skinny ) so my hands are not , so to say, very small. They are not huge at all, probably even smaller than you can expect with my height, but still. So, :scared: what do you say?

What's your question? You just have to wear bigger gloves, that's all!

:confused:

You'll be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
that doesn't make your handpiece any bigger, does it? no, so you'll be fine.

big hands aren't a factor... unless you are going to perform prostate exams too lol:D

one of the best clinicians in my class has HUGE hands. I mean, the extra large gloves are almost too small for him. This guy is just overall enormous and looks more like a hell's angel biker than a dentist, but he has no trouble with consistently excellent work.

pretty much what everyone's saying is that you don't really stick your hands all the way in your patients' mouths. everyone's hands are too big for the work we do. that's why we have instruments that are better suited to the procedures we do than our bulbous fingers.

I would disagree with one aspect, its nice to have smaller hands(much easier access) when instrumenting molar endo. Not all cases can be treated with rotary.

It's okay as long as you're not a woman.

I don't like women with man hands. [/Jerry Seinfeld]

Better than being a carnie... small hands, smell like cabbage.