A.Einstein Correspondence?/Interview Invite or Spam??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oniwindu

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

All right, like most people on this forum, I have been prey to many many spammers as a result of the Mt. Sinai mass emails. This morning, I went to my Bulk mail folder at Yahoo and noticed an address of "[email protected]" and didn't recognize it at first and thus deleted it, thinking it was spam. The title was "Hello" and there was an attachment, which made it more suscipicious.

Now thinking back, Einstein says they contact people for updates/interviews via EMAIL. So I am now paranoid that I deleted something legitimate and important from Einstein.

Can I rest assured that that was spam? I figured Einstein would type in a more eye-catching title like "Application Complete."

<crap, did i just give more ideas to spammers?>

at any rate, any help on this would be appreciated. THANKS!

Members don't see this ad.

i did the sinai/einstein apps, didn't receive anything from einstein after the notification of completion. however, i get the same viruses everyday. i didn't get that particular one, but i got another one like 10 mins ago. im so mad at sinai for doing that, i get so excited when i see "1 new message" in my application email account. oh well, i wouldn't worry, but if you're paranoid (as i would be) just give their admissions office a call and i'm sure they can clear it up.

My interview invite last year came from 'Admissions Department' [email protected] and the subject line was "INTERVIEW INVITATION-AECOM". I think they do it this way to avoid an accidental delete.

I do think the invites will be coming soon from them. I searched a while back on SDN and found that the first invites last year came on the 17th or so of August :luck:

Treg

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr Turninkoff said:
i did the sinai/einstein apps, didn't receive anything from einstein after the notification of completion.

I got a complete email from AECOM on 8/6, about three weeks after I sent them everything. As far as I can tell though, they still need to cash my check.

Treg :)

next time look at the size of the file. If its near 41k there is reason to be suspicious of the virus.

All I got was an email saying my app was complete with the subject "COMPLETED APPLICATION - AECOM (written out)"

-tx

wouldn't it be fun if the other NY schools screwed with Mt. Sinai by making the subject line of all their communications (Important message from admissions: not a Mt. Sinai virus)

Whats the problem? Look at the email without opening the attachment. If it asks you if you would like to add 3-5 inches to your penis overnight, then you can be pretty sure it's not from Einstein.

So what if it is an email that adds 3-5 inches to your unit. JK.

I got the AECOM email too. It is legit, but if you are too worried just delete it. Actually, just delete it anyway...hehehe (in a sinister voice). :thumbup:

Just got an interview invite from AECOM via email today.
Subject line was "INTERVIEW INVITATION-AECOM"

tic112 said:

Congrats!!

-tx

tic112 said:

Congrats. When did they notified you that your file was complete and how long did it take for them to grant you an interview?

I got the sec complete email the 10th, and I got the interview invite today (the 18th). :thumbup:

Did anybody who got an interview have a school that sent LOR's using a VirtualEvals system? I emailed AECOM about my application's completion (i submitted over a month ago) and the woman emailed me back saying that they were printing recommendations this week (i guess from the VirtualEvals server).

would you mind sharing your stats? i am officially entering crazy competitive premed mode. (sigh)

Yea, if you guys don't mind sharing stats, that'll be great. I just sent in my app not too long ago, so I don't expect to be hearing from them anytime soon. But I am interested to see where I stack up. Man, I would love to live in the Bronx.... :cool: