A Few Questions about LoRs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SeizeFate

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
1) How many letters is everyone sending on average to a school? I know that 10 is a bit overkill, but I was thinking about sending 5. Is that too many?

Currently, I have 2 from science professors, 1 from a liberal arts professor, 1 from an old boss, and 1 from a music professor.

2) If I have already submitted my application and I wish to remove one of these 5 letters, what is the consequences? Will that letter just disappear and schools will no longer be expecting it?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

1) How many letters is everyone sending on average to a school? I know that 10 is a bit overkill, but I was thinking about sending 5. Is that too many?

Currently, I have 2 from science professors, 1 from a liberal arts professor, 1 from an old boss, and 1 from a music professor.

2) If I have already submitted my application and I wish to remove one of these 5 letters, what is the consequences? Will that letter just disappear and schools will no longer be expecting it?

Thanks!

1. I had four: two science professors, one boss/volunteer coordinator leader type thing, and one research professor. I don't think five is overkill. But you might have to check with specific schools on their policies...i believe some take up to 6 and not more.

2. i don't think you can remove it because that letter is technically not your property. I don't know for sure though.