A Few W's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

FutureDocHopefl

TheFuture
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I am applying to Podiatry school within the next year or two (I joined in 05, man I can't believe how fast time flies!)

Right now I am kinda worried about some W's on my transcript, I think I have about 3-4 and most of them are in math, even though I finally got through the math for my major.

For all you experienced cats out there, will I still be okay? My GPA and MCAT are looking to be competitive, it's just some mistakes in some classes I decided to drop because I didn't want to hurt the ol' GPA.

I think it would be important to also say that they are spread out instead of one single year

Thanks guys!
 
Hi all,

I am applying to Podiatry school within the next year or two (I joined in 05, man I can't believe how fast time flies!)

Right now I am kinda worried about some W's on my transcript, I think I have about 3-4 and most of them are in math, even though I finally got through the math for my major.

For all you experienced cats out there, will I still be okay? My GPA and MCAT are looking to be competitive, it's just some mistakes in some classes I decided to drop because I didn't want to hurt the ol' GPA.

I think it would be important to also say that they are spread out instead of one single year

Thanks guys!

You should be fine....GPA and MCAT is more important.
 
I had a few, and it is not too big a deal. If your reasons are legit, just let them know what happened.


Hi all,

I am applying to Podiatry school within the next year or two (I joined in 05, man I can't believe how fast time flies!)

Right now I am kinda worried about some W's on my transcript, I think I have about 3-4 and most of them are in math, even though I finally got through the math for my major.

For all you experienced cats out there, will I still be okay? My GPA and MCAT are looking to be competitive, it's just some mistakes in some classes I decided to drop because I didn't want to hurt the ol' GPA.

I think it would be important to also say that they are spread out instead of one single year

Thanks guys!