A friend's parents are faculty members of a med school. Is this a "connection" of mine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

viralhiker

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just realized that both of my college roommate's parents are faculty members of a certain medical school. One of which may be on the admissions committee, but I am unsure of this. One secondary question asks "If you have connections to ---- School of Medicine, please explain." Should I disclose this relationship? If so, what is the best way to go about that?

Members don't see this ad.

I just realized that both of my college roommate's parents are faculty members of a certain medical school. One of which may be on the admissions committee, but I am unsure of this. One secondary question asks "If you have connections to ---- School of Medicine, please explain." Should I disclose this relationship? If so, what is the best way to go about that?
Not a connection and no benefit to disclose.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn’t worry about mentioning it. If your roommates parents are involved with admissions they will likely recuse themselves from deliberations about your application if it comes to that.

Reactions: 1 user
Great, thank you all for the help!

I’m sure you are lovely but your your old roommates parents don’t care

It's not, and no.