SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

A letter to AMCAS

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Fixed Gear, Oct 4, 2001.

1. Fixed Gear

Fixed Gear Highly Acetylated Locus 7+ Year Member

Sep 16, 2001
    I am really tired of AMCAS jerking us around. So I just wrote this email to those jackasses. Feel free to comment if you like.

"I have had the red X's on my application for over three weeks, yet no schools have my application. I submitted my application on 8/1. I can't imagine being one of the people who submitted in June and still don't have a verified application. The FAQ section where AMCAS says that each application takes four to six weeks to process is far from a panacea. We, as applicants, have worked incredibly hard to insure that our applications are comprehensive and delivered early, only to have AMCAS destroy all we have done by implementing a wothless system that has been far more detrimental than beneficial.

The AMCAS board is inexcusable for their actions this application year. I would rather have sent official transcripts and MCAT scores to every school I applied to. Then, I would have control over what an application is missing or when it is complete. AMCAS must refund a portion of the fees each applicant paid in order to have any credibility as an entity that is remotely effective."
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. SMW

SMW Grand Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 12, 2001
    anchorage, ak
    My sentiments exactly, but I doubt anyone important will even see your e-mail. I would write a letter to Jordan Cohen, President of AAMC. In fact quite a few of us collaborated on such a letter a while back. Do a search for the thread "Letter to the President of AMCAS" for our letter and his address. Send it certified mail, or at least priority with delivery confirmation, so you'll know it gets there. And make sure to proofread carefully.
  4. Daredevil

Daredevil Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Jul 28, 2001
    At least you have Red X's. I submitted three days before you did and it still hasn't been marked yet.