What to do if an AMCAS letter writer sends a Letter of Evaluation directly to you instead of to AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ajohnson349

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good morning everyone!

I am experiencing a dilemma. I have received all of my Letters of Evaluation except one individual letter, to the AMCAS application. Unfortunately, this letter-writer emailed me her letter directly, rather than sending the letter through the AMCAS Letter Writing Service. I have already emailed her (several times) to follow up and remind her that the letter needs to be sent to AMCAS, but I have not heard back from her. I have emailed her the Letter Request Form in each follow-up email. What can I do? She has completed the letter, but she has not sent the letter to AMCAs, and it has been two weeks of correspondence with no reply.

Thank you in advance for any advice and God bless!

Members don't see this ad.

my first thought is do you NEED the letter (i.e is it one of your core letters or from someone you REALLY believe will help your app?). if so, i would seek other methods of communication (do you have a phone number or could you find one?). also, if you don't need the letter for every school, i would start submitting your primary to schools you don't need it for. i would also continue to reach out. if the person is affiliated with a school, call the school and see if you can get it in this way. the only other options are waiting to submit or asking schools if you can send a letter directly to them.

Reactions: 1 users