A little advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shinee1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm an AZ resident that I graduated last May from the Honors College at my university with a cGPA of 3.41 and a sGPA of 3.3. I majored in Biology and minored in Math. I have one bad semester (2.63 semester GPA) as a result of suffering from an eating disorder (I'm recovered and happy). My other stats include 100+ clinical hours, ER 6-month internship, shadowing, lots of ECs that include positions of leadership, worked PT while in school, and course loads of 18+ every semester. It's been about a year since I did volunteering in a hospital due to work and school. Right now, I'm working as a high school Biology and Algebra teacher at a private school.

I have yet to take the MCATs and I'm looking to apply in 6/2013 but any suggestions to make myself more competitive? How does being a teacher look on an app?

Thanks so much in advance! I'm fretting tons already!

Members don't see this ad.

it is hard to say without an MCAT score. A low score could really bring down your application even with solid credentials...