A little encouragement for retakers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dray5150

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was taking a break from studying Thursday night and got into conversation with a 4th year Med student at a local bar. When I asked him what did he make on the MCAT he said 27. And then I asked him how many times did he take it his response was "7 times".

Even though this is extreme, I think stories like this should encourage us that MCAT is not the end all be all of getting into medical school.

Good luck to everyone July 2nd. I know we all have worked hard.

Members don't see this ad.

I was taking a break from studying Thursday night and got into conversation with a 4th year Med student at a local bar. When I asked him what did he make on the MCAT he said 27. And then I asked him how many times did he take it his response was "7 times".

Even though this is extreme, I think stories like this should encourage us that MCAT is not the end all be all of getting into medical school.

and how drunk were both of you? LOL, once at a bar some drunk girl thought I was Australian (from all nationalities, you would guess that last about me......dead dead last) so I went on to tell her about how i have pet alligators back home and hunt killer cobras for a living. I told her basically that I was crocodile dundee and she fell for it............now are you sure you haven't been a victim of someone with terrible morals like myself?

Wow. That's dedication. Makes one wonder what his first scores were :p

Isn't there a limit though...I thought it was 3 times...but some people here have taken it like 5 times as well :confused:

Lol... I'm from MS. University of Mississippi average MCAT acceptance is around 28. Lots of my friends have gotten in with 26 and 27. I'm sure its different for every school but I was sober at the time..lol

Wow. That's dedication. Makes one wonder what his first scores were :p

Isn't there a limit though...I thought it was 3 times...but some people here have taken it like 5 times as well :confused:

You can take it 3 time in a year. This rule was implemented by AMCAS starting 2007. But before 2007 the MCAT was only offered twice a year or something like that because it was not computerized. So his 7 times may have been over the course of 3 to 4 years. That is real dedication if the story is true!!!