a little help from my friends

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Munchkin6245

Full Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2004
Messages
672
Reaction score
0

Members don't see this ad.
Basically here's the question...Should I apply for SGU for Aug '04 after taking the April MCAT or should I wait and apply to US med schools for Aug '05? Gpa is 3.37 and I'm taking classes now (gpa 3.65), I'm a nontrad/postbacc and having been working Ft as a Med Tech for the past 4 years. I want to go into pathology and I've been hearing a lot of negativity about foreign med schools but I could start this year and not wait. Any advice is good advice. Thanks
 

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2003
Messages
2,048
Reaction score
6
Avoid the caribbean schools at all cost. Take the MCAT in April and apply in June like the rest of the normal folk to both MD and DO schools. As long as you can pull off a 27 or above, you will get in somewhere. :thumbup:
 

Munchkin6245

Full Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2004
Messages
672
Reaction score
0
thanks slickness.
but why did you decline your interview at NYCOM? I was looking at applying to some NY schools even though everyone keeps telling me I will get into a TX school. However, I was wondering also if I should pick my schools on if they are affliated with a good residency program in pathology or not.
 
Top