You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
A Message for all and a Farewell to all
Started by UTSouthwestern
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I wanted to bump this thread so that those who may not have been reading the blog would be aware that, according to his latest blog post, UTSouthwestern has been going through a tough time over the holidays : http://crushmycancer.blogspot.com/2011/12/holiday-challenges.html
Despite the recent challenges, it sounds like he is keeping a fighting spirit and good attitude.
I think all of us here on SDN are rooting for you, UTSouthwestern. My best wishes to you and your family.
Despite the recent challenges, it sounds like he is keeping a fighting spirit and good attitude.
I think all of us here on SDN are rooting for you, UTSouthwestern. My best wishes to you and your family.
Wow.
Just read thread and blog.
Perspective.
So much perspective.
Keep fighting UTSW!
DTL
Just read thread and blog.
Perspective.
So much perspective.
Keep fighting UTSW!
DTL
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm still kicking. Was just too hard headed to recognize I was sicker than I thought. Looks like I had a PE at least two weeks prior to admission, yet I still worked and directed several meetingsand charity events, and attended several Christmas parties, albeit looking and feeling like a ghost.
Moral of the story again is to listen to what your body is telling you.
Moral of the story again is to listen to what your body is telling you.
Wow UT you seem to be going through a whole medical textbook of pathologies 😱
Keep up the fight we're all with you 👍
Keep up the fight we're all with you 👍
It must have taken a great deal of strength to write your message. I hope the rest of your days, however many but hopefully a great many, are spent happily and meaningfully with your family. God Bless.
Wanted to thank everyone for the kind thoughts and prayers. I should be going home in a day or two and hopefully on the road to full recovery. In the end, the diagnoses were PE, DVT, fungal pneumonia, neutropenia, anemia, and thrush. Talk about getting whacked. 😀
Dr. UTSW
You're an inspiration. When I think of an ailment here or there that I want to complain of, I look at your list and your spirit - and feel like a schmuck for wanting to complain - even to myself.
To quote an out of date movie from an out of date villain, "The force is strong in this one,"
Keep it up UT! 👍
Inspired,
D712
You're an inspiration. When I think of an ailment here or there that I want to complain of, I look at your list and your spirit - and feel like a schmuck for wanting to complain - even to myself.
To quote an out of date movie from an out of date villain, "The force is strong in this one,"
Keep it up UT! 👍
Inspired,
D712
I was called "scum" not long ago for posting this, but I shall say it again: When I'm on my death bed one day, I will not be wishing I'd done more cases. It's about relationships, friends, family, children...life outside of work.
And if we are lucky enough to be like UTSW, we shall claim both those qualities.
I was called "scum" not long ago for posting this, but I shall say it again: When I'm on my death bed one day, I will not be wishing I'd done more cases. It's about relationships, friends, family, children...life outside of work.
Bwah ha ha ha ha! That's hilarious coming from a clock punching, 40 hour a week working, advanced practice nurse! You know nothing of sacrifice.
wow, life is an incredible mystery.
I have read your posts UTSW and am inspired by you. Good luck in your fight and may you continue to educate and inspire people as you have.
I am honored to be entering a profession where passionate people such as yourself exist.
I have read your posts UTSW and am inspired by you. Good luck in your fight and may you continue to educate and inspire people as you have.
I am honored to be entering a profession where passionate people such as yourself exist.
wow, life is an incredible mystery.
I have read your posts UTSW and am inspired by you. Good luck in your fight and may you continue to educate and inspire people as you have.
I am honored to be entering a profession where passionate people such as yourself exist.
Life is a mystery in many ways but once you understand you have a purpose and can make a difference, it is not so mysterious that you can't see what opportunities you have been given to make a difference in the time you are given.
I am happier now than I have ever been in my life and the challenges of the past month have not lessened that feeling. I have met more incredible friends who have fought bigger challenges than I could ever dream of fighting and have been able to see what true faith can do to make your life more fulfilling and purposeful.
My challenges pale in comparison to that of my friend, the 35 year old cardiologist diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer at age 32, who is now back to work full time and doing well, or the 43 year old mother of 3 with stage IV inflammatory breast carcinoma who is now almost two years out from diagnosis and doing well despite taking no conventional treatment.
We all have our purpose in life and it is important to recognize that what we all are doing as physicians needs to be subordinate to and follow what we would do as forthright human beings. Make the right decisions for the sake of making the right decisions. If you do that and take the extra time to comfort and guide not just your patients, but anyone in need of your strength, wisdom, and support, you will make your corner of the world that much better of a place to live in.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Checking in. Hoping everything is still OK.
Checking in. Hoping everything is still OK.
Ironically, on the day you posted this, I was near death again.
My how things can change in three short weeks: www.CrushMyCancer.Blogspot.com
My latest update. All I can say is praise God and Jesus Christ for my miracle.
Phenomenal news UT. 👍
Keep it up...!
Keep it up...!
👍👍
That's great news!
Phenomenal news UT. 👍
Keep it up...!
Everyone here has made this possible. Your prayers and words of support have meant as much to me as the doctors who have cared for me and treatments that have given me a chance. I have had the opportunity to meet a handful of you in-state and in the future, hope to meet many more and share the life changing experiences I have had since being diagnosed.
If you ever wonder whether or not prayer or kind words really make a difference, just ask me and I will tell you that the answer is definitely yes.
Ironically, on the day you posted this, I was near death again.
My how things can change in three short weeks: www.CrushMyCancer.Blogspot.com
My latest update. All I can say is praise God and Jesus Christ for my miracle.
Good god, the frog in my throat upon reading this post. I've always been a jinx.
Glad to hear there is good news.
Good god, the frog in my throat upon reading this post. I've always been a jinx.
Glad to hear there is good news.
Don't believe that you are a jinx. There is a purpose for every event and reminding me that this post was here was a good thing.
Made it!!!! Never give up and look at what you can accomplish!
www.CrushMyCancer.Blogspot.com
www.CrushMyCancer.Blogspot.com
Last edited:
👍👍











Way 2 go UT. 👍
La la LOVE it!
Your post put a big smile on my face.😀
La la LOVE it!
Your post put a big smile on my face.😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Made it!!!! Never give up and look at what you can accomplish!
www.CrushMyCancerBlogspot.com
UT the blog is wonderful to read, for some reason the link isn't working at the moment. FYI.
D712
UT the blog is wonderful to read, for some reason the link isn't working at the moment. FYI.
D712
It needs a dot.
www.crushmycancer.blogspot.com
Made it!!!! Never give up and look at what you can accomplish!
www.CrushMyCancerBlogspot.com
Happy to hear the news. May God"s blessings be always with you and your family.
Arch Guillotti
Senior Member
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
awesome!! Congrats UTSW!!!

Fantastic! Best wishes from Ethigal, stage IV sarcoma, happily N.E.D. and two months post original expiration date.
Awesome! 👍
And here I am worried 'bout opt out states. 😳
Life is precious.
Well done guys.

Wow! Congrats. Thanks for sharing your story. This made me realize how important it is to choose a specialty you're passionate about. You never know when it's over. Thank you for your contributions.
Fantastic! Best wishes from Ethigal, stage IV sarcoma, happily N.E.D. and two months post original expiration date.
Hey bro.. whrere you at?
Cheers and peace.
👍
Rest in Peace, Norman.
UTSW, Dr. Norman Wu, took his last breath on May 25, 2012.
A remarkable man. And a reminder, that time is so very precious.
RIP man - learned so much from you.
Omg
May he RIP, and my sincerest condolences to the family n friends of this tremendous example of what we all should aspire to be. I am heartbroken for his family, and hope that they are going to be ok...damn, lost one of our greats🙁🙁
May he RIP, and my sincerest condolences to the family n friends of this tremendous example of what we all should aspire to be. I am heartbroken for his family, and hope that they are going to be ok...damn, lost one of our greats🙁🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
RIP Norman... RIP. 🙁
I'm good, the same, keeping everyone scratching their heads. Thanks.Hey bro.. whrere you at?
Cheers and peace.
👍
RIP man - learned so much from you.
I checked in from time to time. I just went to the page to read the eulogies and some of his latter blog entries. Man, this was truly an incredible person. If you read through the eulogies, I warn you, you will cry. A very beautiful human being--an incredibly positive person.
Life is short.
PLAY HARD.
And Thank All The Important Moe Foes In Your Life.
Every Day.
PLAY HARD.
And Thank All The Important Moe Foes In Your Life.
Every Day.
D
deleted87051
This story reminds me of @UTSouthwestern. Lessons about living and dying.
www.nytimes.com
When This Professor Got Cancer, He Didn’t Quit. He Taught a Class About It.
Dr. Bryant Lin, who teaches medicine at Stanford University, was given a terminal diagnosis. He wanted his students to understand the humanity at the core of medicine.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 77
- Views
- 11K
