A Message for all and a Farewell to all

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This story reminds me of @UTSouthwestern. Lessons about living and dying.

Good call back to UTSW (Norm). He was a great SDN contributor and, seemingly, an even better person.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
He reminds me all the time that my demise is closer than I think. We are all possibly just moments away from a terminal diagnosis or chronic illness with devastating consequences.
The older I get, the more I dread this day for myself, my wife, or one of my kids. I feel as if I have been blessed (or lucky) so far. Eventually, I know my day is coming.
 
The older I get, the more I dread this day for myself, my wife, or one of my kids. I feel as if I have been blessed (or lucky) so far. Eventually, I know my day is coming.

Same, terrifying and try not to dwell on it too frequently but.... 3 kids. All under ten. Dad passed away from pancreatic cancer at 64.

An excellent book for those who haven't read it


 
He reminds me all the time that my demise is closer than I think. We are all possibly just moments away from a terminal diagnosis or chronic illness with devastating consequences.
I knew him personally. Amazing anesthesiologist and human being.

Live everyday as if it’s going to be your last and try to distance yourself from the rat race as you get older.