a month left

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fleur64

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I am prepping for a retake and would appreciate some advice on what I should be using to study. I took my mcat last week and I found the Cars and Biology/Biochem section to be fairly doable. I struggled with some calculations on the Chem/physics section and there was a bunch of psych terms I never had seen. So now im left with figuring out how to prep for this again in a month. For content I have used TBR chem/physics, TPR biology book, Kaplan biochem, and TPR psych/sociology.

Should I bother doing the Khan Academy passages for everything?
I am thinking of doing the BR books for orgo/chem/physics/bio again since its been a while. Should I do this for Khan Academy?
And lastly, should I do the TPR hyperlearning workbook to improve the chem/physics section? I have a good grasp of the content i just need more practice (i think lol)

Any advice will be great.

Members don't see this ad.

Psych/sociology is a tricky one. As of now it appears that there is no single source which has it all. Just use Khan for psych/sociology and try to gasp as much terminology as possible. For Chem/Physics my choice would be Kaplan material and EK tests but I'm in minority I guess on this. Can you share your scores so far?

Psych/sociology is a tricky one. As of now it appears that there is no single source which has it all. Just use Khan for psych/sociology and try to gasp as much terminology as possible. For Chem/Physics my choice would be Kaplan material and EK tests but I'm in minority I guess on this. Can you share your scores so far?

I have done the EK tests for Chem/physics already. I did alright on them (more wrong than I would like). As of now, I have taken 3 TPR tests, averaging around 514. The AAMC sample test I got a 512. The official guide was much lower, I got about 20/30 correct for each section. My EK 3 and 4 exam scores were 512 and 513. Idk y I found my real exam to be so tough. So now I am back trying to practice more.

I really loved EK for content.. its at about the right level of depth needed for the exam. Psych and Soc is missing a ton of topics though, which you can try to learn from Khan, but its not ideal either (I find they dont "cut to the chase" in the Khan videos).