Lawgiver

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
Jul 24, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
I like the idea of acting silly around kids and it being acceptable since its a kid im interacting with. Is that a good reason to wanna go into peds?

oldbearprofessor

Staff member
Administrator
15+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2002
Status
Attending Physician
I like the idea of acting silly around kids and it being acceptable since its a kid im interacting with. Is that a good reason to wanna go into peds?
It's a good reason to want to be a clown. Do you also mind being with kids and their families when they are in pain or are dying? Got to be willing to do both, but for sure it's nice to enjoy being silly around kids, just remember that not everything is like Patch Adams in the real world of pediatrics.

Lawgiver

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
Jul 24, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
Do rehab peds work with a lot of dying kids?

About the Ads

oldbearprofessor

Staff member
Administrator
15+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2002
Status
Attending Physician
Do rehab peds work with a lot of dying kids?
Pediatric PM&R is a specialty of PM&R not pediatrics. They do tend to work with a lot of pain patients in both peds and adult medicine.

bjackrian

15+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2004
Denver, CO
Status
Attending Physician
Pediatric PM&R is a specialty of PM&R not pediatrics. They do tend to work with a lot of pain patients in both peds and adult medicine.
Although there are some combined programs. My institution takes two residents per year who do a 6 year program where they combine general peds residency, general PM&R residency, and peds PM&R fellowship. Come out boarded in all of the above.

About the Ads