A ped folks kids at heart?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lawgiver

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of acting silly around kids and it being acceptable since its a kid im interacting with. Is that a good reason to wanna go into peds?

Members don't see this ad.

I like the idea of acting silly around kids and it being acceptable since its a kid im interacting with. Is that a good reason to wanna go into peds?

It's a good reason to want to be a clown. Do you also mind being with kids and their families when they are in pain or are dying? Got to be willing to do both, but for sure it's nice to enjoy being silly around kids, just remember that not everything is like Patch Adams in the real world of pediatrics.

Reactions: 1 users
Do rehab peds work with a lot of dying kids?

Members don't see this ad :)
Pediatric PM&R is a specialty of PM&R not pediatrics. They do tend to work with a lot of pain patients in both peds and adult medicine.
Although there are some combined programs. My institution takes two residents per year who do a 6 year program where they combine general peds residency, general PM&R residency, and peds PM&R fellowship. Come out boarded in all of the above.

Pediatric PM&R is a specialty of PM&R not pediatrics. They do tend to work with a lot of pain patients in both peds and adult medicine.

Also neuro rehab, ie lots of child abuse and other sad cases