A quick msg to prospective usyd med1 students regarding housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WillwLee8

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Best of luck on your apps/interviews. A good number of international med/dent1's live at Sydney University Village, so it was helpful early in the program to get to know ppl and explore the city without having to buy furniture etc. But do yourself a favor and sign a 6 month lease (instead of a full year) if you decide to live here. Its not difficult to extend the lease later on. Cost/customer service/policies can be a pain to deal with and students who live off campus tend to live happier/cheaper.

Just a head up before I forget.

Members don't see this ad.

Awww.. that's swell of you WillwLee8

lol

Oh and don't live in International House OR UniLodge. The former is like a prison and the latter is like a crummy hotel that is expensive and noisy.

thanks for this info!

by the way, do you know whether how likely it is to receive an accomodation offer if applying in early Nov and how long one can expect to wait?

cancerchan said:
They are right, but I'll go one step further: avoid the residences if you can, they charge an arm and a leg.

Well the Colleges (and International House) provide you with 3 meals a day and they do your bedsheets... so it's not that bad.

I have to admit I really hate shopping without a car.