A student seeking advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BVeyron

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am looking for some advice from the pharmacy students out there and anyone that can help. I graduated high school on June 15, 2012 and got my diploma. During my high school years, I have taken regular, honors and AP classes and I have gotten all A's in all of them. This fall, I will go into NEIU ( Northeastern Illinois University ) for the first two years to get the required classes needed so I can transfer to UIC or Loyola. My orientation is due on June 28, and there I will schedule all my classes for the year. What classes do you guys recommend I choose. I will choose as much science classes as I can. If I keep getting A's and passing all classes in college, will I be able to get into UIC or Loyola as a transfer student? Any advice for the orientation would be great.

After the two years in Northeastern Illinois University, I plan to transfer to UIC or Loyola. Can anyone tell me what happens afterwards. From there I will get my bachelors degree and move to a college of Pharmacy. Is this correct? Before I enter a college of Pharmacy, would I need a masters degree or just a bachelors degree? Where do I go after I graduate a college of pharmacy school?

I am already studying for the PTCB with the Delmar book, Mosby's book, and the Complete Math Review for the Pharmacy Technician to become a certified Pharmacy Technician.

I appreciate all answers, thank you. :)

Members don't see this ad.

I am not a pharmacy student yet and I do not know much about UIC and NEIU. I will attempt to answer some of your questions.

First of all, call the school if you have questions regarding transfer and future plan.

As for the classes, just take whatever you can handle. Since you are thinking about transfering. Please call BOTH schools to double check if they accept the courses you will be taking. Also, check with the pharmacy school whether or not you need to retake any courses your AP classes waived. Some schools dont accept AP credits for science, which means you are going to retake them anyway.

As for your question about after you transfer to UIC in 2 yrs, you dont need to get a bachelors degree to apply to pharmacy schools. As long you finish all your pre-requiste courses for pharmacy school (list can be find on their websites), you can apply and get accepted into pharmacy school. Note that however, some pharmacy schools do require a bachelor degrees. Call them to check.

You dont need a master degree for pharmacy school unless you want to strengthen your application. Where do you go after pharmacy school?
You need to read this: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=198059

I am not a pharmacy student yet and I do not know much about UIC and NEIU. I will attempt to answer some of your questions.

First of all, call the school if you have questions regarding transfer and future plan.

As for the classes, just take whatever you can handle. Since you are thinking about transfering. Please call BOTH schools to double check if they accept the courses you will be taking. Also, check with the pharmacy school whether or not you need to retake any courses your AP classes waived. Some schools dont accept AP credits for science, which means you are going to retake them anyway.

As for your question about after you transfer to UIC in 2 yrs, you dont need to get a bachelors degree to apply to pharmacy schools. As long you finish all your pre-requiste courses for pharmacy school (list can be find on their websites), you can apply and get accepted into pharmacy school. Note that however, some pharmacy schools do require a bachelor degrees. Call them to check.

You dont need a master degree for pharmacy school unless you want to strengthen your application. Where do you go after pharmacy school?
You need to read this: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=198059

I concur with this statement. However, taking science/math courses at a university is highly recommended by pharmacy schools..:thumbup: