USMLE A study plan/schedule needed for IMG

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jekaheart

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello there,

I have just finished my step 2CK and I am planning to start studying for step 1.. does any one have a study plan for IMG that works?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hello there,

I have just finished my step 2CK and I am planning to start studying for step 1.. does any one have a study plan for IMG that works?

Thanks

Hi Jasmine!

Can you provide any additional information about when you are planning to take Step 1? How much time do you have to study, and what resources have you used thus far?

Sana M
USMLE Tutor, Med School Tutors

Hi Jasmine!

Can you provide any additional information about when you are planning to take Step 1? How much time do you have to study, and what resources have you used thus far?

Sana M
USMLE Tutor, Med School Tutors

Hi Sana,

I will use pathoma, Anki for Rx flashcards,sketchy for micro and pharma and first aid book.
I will take the exam when I feel ready probably by the end of the year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Sana,

I will use pathoma, Anki for Rx flashcards,sketchy for micro and pharma and first aid book.
I will take the exam when I feel ready probably by the end of the year.

Obviously, there will be plenty of variables to take into consideration, but you will have a leg up on many high yield clinical topics and struggle with basic nonsense. Consider supplementing UFAPS with things like OnineMedEd's burgeoning Basic Sciences curriculum and Kaplan Lecture Notes for genetics and Immuno.

Your study plan will be different, but it is not like you are studying different topics than a stateside MD. You will likely need comprehensive review of basic sciences at the beginning of your plan and more help in topics you haven't seen in a while, but after that UFAPS is still the king.

David D. - USMLE Tutor
Med School Tutors