A.T. Still University- MESA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed today and they told us that all of the CHC's are filled except for Ohio and Alabama. There is always a chance of getting into another site if someone drops out, but there are only those two with spots officially available. Hope that halps.

Members don't see this ad.

hey i remember them saying at my interview that the dress first year is business casual and that you could not wear jeans which really upset me, i live in jeans, oh well i guess i will have to invest in some khakis or something, as for the CHC's I think we will have to dress pretty nice too, however when i went to the hawaii chc many people were wearing jeans although others dressed more business like, i guess we will have to wait and see...........
i really hope that it isn't business casual the first year. considering we're going to be sitting in class all day you would think we could just be in jeans and other casual clothes. and flip flops! i'm looking forward to flip flops ALL THE TIME.

i didn't hear anything about dress code though at my interview so who knows.

hey everyone,

I was just wondering, how long did u have to wait from the time u submitted your secondary application until you were invited for an interview? are they done with interviews? is the class filled yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually only had to wait about a week from the time I sent my secondary in to the time I got an interview trigger e-mail asking me to pick a date. Obviously, a lot of people have had to wait longer. I remember somebody at the interview I went to had applied a couple months before they got invited for an interview. I had my interview on April 5th, and found out that I was accepted this Monday. At my interview, they said that they were interviewing through April and maybe into May, but they said they had a pretty good ratio of students paying deposits when accepted (better than half).

hey everyone,

I was just wondering, how long did u have to wait from the time u submitted your secondary application until you were invited for an interview? are they done with interviews? is the class filled yet?

I think it might have been about 3-4 weeks before I was invited to an interview. Since there are only 2 CHC's remaining that means there are 20 or less spots left.

While greenshirt may be absolutely correct on only 20 or so spots remaining, I'd like to just take this opportunity for those still hoping for a chance to not let such a seemingly small number discourage you. MOVEMENT IS CONSTANT! People change their minds, doors open. One of my best friends, who is doing quite well in his 1st year right now at KCOM, got multiple MD rejections and didn't even INTERVIEW at KCOM until May of last year. I guess my point is, if COM-Mesa is where you want to be, and they've have yet to say "no more applications, please", go for it! Don't worry about money if this is what you really want. It'll be worth it in the long run. At the very least, you'll learn valuable lessons and insights about yourself and your abilities that can only help you be successful in the future.

Does anyone know if the Brooklyn CHC is full yet? Thanks.

Does anyone know if the Brooklyn CHC is full yet? Thanks.

According to aberkovi (above) only Ohio and Alabama remain. you might want to e-mail the school to double check.

I actually only had to wait about a week from the time I sent my secondary in to the time I got an interview trigger e-mail asking me to pick a date. Obviously, a lot of people have had to wait longer. I remember somebody at the interview I went to had applied a couple months before they got invited for an interview. I had my interview on April 5th, and found out that I was accepted this Monday. At my interview, they said that they were interviewing through April and maybe into May, but they said they had a pretty good ratio of students paying deposits when accepted (better than half).

just wanted to know if she called you or you received it in the mail...

:) congrats

got mine last night at 7:30 pm. email...The only date left on the calender was 4/26..but I can't get the dang thing to accept my confirmation. Keeps saying to choose a date...I do...submit....repeats instruction...choose date.
Aaaaaaahhhhhhh
Anyway,I'm happy to finally get one. Is a 28 mcat competative at this school????

got mine last night at 7:30 pm. email...The only date left on the calender was 4/26..but I can't get the dang thing to accept my confirmation. Keeps saying to choose a date...I do...submit....repeats instruction...choose date.
Aaaaaaahhhhhhh
Anyway,I'm happy to finally get one. Is a 28 mcat competative at this school????

Congrats on the invite! Are you trying to register on a Mac? There might be some compatibility issues. Yes, a 28 is good.

Aaaaaaahhhhhhh

i might see you there...haven't decided it yet....i'm too poor :)

Haha, I live in shorts :(. Guess I have to grow up a little. I was hoping it'd be like KCOM - students seem to pretty much wear whatever. Oh well.

I hear you--I live in Chicago, and I still wear shorts most of the year.

As long as we're on campus, I don't see why we couldn't wear whatever the hell we wanted. I mean, come on--we'll be cramming huge amounts of info into our heads, so why not be physically comfortable?

Hey all,

First time on the forum, so greetings. I was recently accepted to ATSU-SOMA, but I have to raise a couple of my prereq grades to actually be able to matriculate. Unfortunately, all of the courses offere in my general vicinity would end in the first or second week of August. I've e-mailed Joyce about this, but is anybody in a similar position, n if so how are you handling it? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, as I really want to make this happen. Thanks!

You might try finding a school that offers distance learning (i.e. online class) that allows you to work at your own pace -- which better be fast.

Anyone know how late ATSU Mesa is interviewing? I turned in my application just before the deadline and I'm wondering if I have any chance of getting an interview. Also, for those accepted, do you have any idea what the avg MCAT/GPA of accepted students is. You can PM me with your stats if you like. Thanks!

Anyone know how late ATSU Mesa is interviewing? I turned in my application just before the deadline and I'm wondering if I have any chance of getting an interview. Also, for those accepted, do you have any idea what the avg MCAT/GPA of accepted students is. You can PM me with your stats if you like. Thanks!

I think they only have one day left for interview and the class is already filled.

I am going to attempt to get everyone to move from this thread over to the ATSU-SOMA thread, now that we have the school's name, and can get rid of that frowny face. :)

I'm going to post the last two messages over on the other thread. ;)