AACOMAS English = PreReq English?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

discowisco

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is the English PreReq required by schools (6 credits) the same as the courses we put as English in AACOMAS?

The reason why I am asking this is because 1 of the classes I took at my school is under Asian Studies but is a Writing Intesnive course so basically I just have to get it verified by AACOMAS that it goes under English but does the AACOMAS english recognition = the english prereq that schools require?

Or does every schools separately look at the classes again and decide whether the course is english or not?

Members don't see this ad.

Is the English PreReq required by schools (6 credits) the same as the courses we put as English in AACOMAS?

The reason why I am asking this is because 1 of the classes I took at my school is under Asian Studies but is a Writing Intesnive course so basically I just have to get it verified by AACOMAS that it goes under English but does the AACOMAS english recognition = the english prereq that schools require?

Or does every schools separately look at the classes again and decide whether the course is english or not?

It depends on the school. Some DO schools will accept anything remotely close to English... others will accept only specific courses, like 'composition.' AZCOM for example is somewhat specific.

Someone else in Pre-Osteo posted a very similar thread a month or two ago. I have no idea what came of it or what her username was, you might have to do some deep searching. I think it was a writing intensive Black Studies course.

BUMP...
I am so confused by this too right now..